Sökning: "The Hobbit"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden The Hobbit.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Carl Jung, the Swiss psychologist, is best known for his theories of the archetypes, which are universal and archaic images that are nestled deep inside the part of the psyche that Jung coined the ‘collective unconscious.’ These can be found in art, such as literature, and be extracted and analyzed. LÄS MER
- M1-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur
Sammanfattning : This essay demonstrates how Bilbo, the main protagonist of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, is a feminine hero despite being male. LÄS MER
3. CALL TO ADVENTURE: A comparison between the outsets of Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins in J R R Tolkien’s The Hobbit and The Lord of the RingsKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to explore and analyse two specific events in J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-earth mythology, namely the departures from Hobbiton of the two hobbits Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins. LÄS MER
4. Lost in Translation? – A Comparative Study of Three Swedish Translations of J.R.R. Tolkien’s 'The Hobbit'Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : The practice of translation has many different approaches. By comparing and discussing three different Swedish translations of 'The Hobbit', this text discusses what factors affect literary translation and how these influences have changed over time. LÄS MER
5. The Hero’s Journey in J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, or, There and Back Again : Using Joseph Campbell’s Narrative Structure for an Analysis of Mythopoeic FictionL3-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : This essay investigates the applicability of Joseph Campbell’s notion of the Hero’s Journey from his theoretical work The Hero with a Thousand Faces on J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit, or, There and Back Again. LÄS MER