Sökning: "discourse analysis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 5655 uppsatser innehållade orden discourse analysis.
1. Am I not a woman even when I am pregnant?: An analysis of the development of fetal rights in policy documents in Europe and how pregnant women are fetal containers and second-class citizensMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on the development of fetal rights in policy documents in Europe and how fetal rights and the protection of fetal life can be a part of the discussion of how pregnant women are associated with being “fetal containers” and(/or) “second-class citizens”. The study aims to identify different articles and paragraphs in policy documents that can identify the connection between fetal rights and pregnancy rights and how pregnant women are “fetal containers” and(/or) “second-class citizens”. LÄS MER
2. IDENTITY & TECHNO-UTOPIANISM.A Critical Discourse Analysis of Marketing Material and their Sociotechnical ImaginariesMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/JMG - Inst f journalistik och masskomm
Sammanfattning : This research paper sets out to investigate the messaging present in a corpus of textsgathered from Acxiom’s, an American data-analysis and ‘Identity Solutions’-company,website. The paper applies a framework of Critical Discourse Analysis informed by Theo vanLeeuwen’s theory of ‘legitimations’ and analyses the findings through the theoreticalframework of ‘Sociotechnical Imaginaries’. LÄS MER
3. THE CONCEPTION OF THE BATTLE AGAINST HIV IN SOUTH AFRICA - A Critical Discourse Analysis of Speeches by Mandela, Mbeki and ZumaMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : In the past decade South Africa has enrolled the biggest antiretroviral treatment programme(ARV) in the world to treat HIV/AIDS. The country has had a hard time to deal with the diseasefor a long time, however, now seems to make progress in combatting the disease and even setsan example for other countries in the world in how to deal with the disease. LÄS MER
4. THE FRENCH SECURITY AND DEFENCE ISSUE How does strategic culture help explain French views on common security and defence cooperation’s?Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to explore how the theory of strategic culture could provide a better understanding of France’s views on common security and defence cooperation, as well as gain better insight as to how it might explain the specific actions of France, with a focus on PeSCo and EI2. Previous research shows that the French had shifted their views on military cooperation in the last decade and simultaneously the types of threats against Europe had also changed during that time. LÄS MER
5. "You nibble away at the edges": A qualitative analysis of climate journalism practice in Aotearoa New ZealandMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/JMG - Inst f journalistik och masskomm
Sammanfattning : Anthropogenic climate change is a wicked problem and the nature of the climate discourse propagated through media outlets is one key component in shaping how the public understand and act upon its causes and ramifications. This study draws on journalism practice theory and related approaches to analyse semi-structured interviews from early 2020 with 10 journalists who consistently cover climate change in Aotearoa New Zealand. LÄS MER