Sökning: "house cricket"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden house cricket.
1. Feeding the 45 million : substituting soybean protein with insect protein within EU poultry and egg productionMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Ecology
Sammanfattning : A global population increasing both in number and in resource consumption per capita has resulted in food, livestock feed and energy crop demands that are increasingly difficult to meet on rapidly degrading soils within a diminishing available area of arable land. With further expansion of agricultural land infeasible and yield increases through further intensification insufficient to meet the scale of predicted crop demand, the use of insects as an animal feed has gained traction as a method of not only reducing competition for arable land, but also some of the detrimental environmental consequences of livestock and conventional feed production. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
Sammanfattning : Denna studie utvärderar den kemiska sammansättningen hos kambodjanska syrsor (Teleogyrus testaceus) uppfödda på fyra olika dieter. Syrsor från en tidigare studie (Miech et al., 2016) om tillväxt och överlevnad användes i studien. Aminosyrakomposition, mineralinnehåll, vikt och storlek analyserades. LÄS MER
3. Morphology and localization of carbonic anhydrase in the alimentary canal of the Swedish house cricket, Acheta domesticus (Orthoptera: Gryllidae)Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
Sammanfattning : There is a growing interest in using insects as part of the human diet. Actors such as the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and Nordic Food Labs are investigating the potential use of insects as a source of protein and nutrients for the western human population. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : population of the world is growing and it is expected that it will reach 9.6 billion people by the year 2050. The demand for animal-derived protein is expected to increase which also increases the land and water usage, greenhouse gas emissions (GHGEs) and therefore leads to environmental stress. LÄS MER
5. Towards a Zero Waste Vision using Insects – Urban Farming producing New Values in a Swedish SupermarketMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The premise of the thesis is that current food systems are unsustainable. In fact, as the global population continues to rise, food systems are under greater strain to deliver quality output in a sustainable way. LÄS MER