Sökning: "house cricket"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden house cricket.
1. Feeding the 45 million : substituting soybean protein with insect protein within EU poultry and egg productionMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Ecology
Sammanfattning : A global population increasing both in number and in resource consumption per capita has resulted in food, livestock feed and energy crop demands that are increasingly difficult to meet on rapidly degrading soils within a diminishing available area of arable land. With further expansion of agricultural land infeasible and yield increases through further intensification insufficient to meet the scale of predicted crop demand, the use of insects as an animal feed has gained traction as a method of not only reducing competition for arable land, but also some of the detrimental environmental consequences of livestock and conventional feed production. LÄS MER
2. Changed behavior in the house cricket Acheta domesticus : predetermined or an effect of learning?Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Ecology
Sammanfattning : The interest in animal personality have increased the last couple of decades and several studies have been made trying to explain why these differences in behaviour exist between individuals. Some of these studies have found that an individual’s personality changes as it ages and to explain these, theories focusing on genetic and phenotypic aspects has been used. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Ecology
Sammanfattning : The study of personality in species can be used to better understand the dynamics of a population. Personality is however a wide concept and is often divided into easier and identifiable terms when it concerns animalia such as “Behavioural traits”. One such trait is boldness which is often used as a distinguishable trait. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
Sammanfattning : Denna studie utvärderar den kemiska sammansättningen hos kambodjanska syrsor (Teleogyrus testaceus) uppfödda på fyra olika dieter. Syrsor från en tidigare studie (Miech et al., 2016) om tillväxt och överlevnad användes i studien. Aminosyrakomposition, mineralinnehåll, vikt och storlek analyserades. LÄS MER
5. Morphology and localization of carbonic anhydrase in the alimentary canal of the Swedish house cricket, Acheta domesticus (Orthoptera: Gryllidae)Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry
Sammanfattning : There is a growing interest in using insects as part of the human diet. Actors such as the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) and Nordic Food Labs are investigating the potential use of insects as a source of protein and nutrients for the western human population. LÄS MER