Sökning: "Engineers without borders"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 10 uppsatser innehållade orden Engineers without borders.
1. Product development in low income markets : Identifying user needs and approaches in design in a low income market, with focus on the water filtration market in MalaysiaKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Produkt- och tjänstedesign; KTH/Produkt- och tjänstedesign
Sammanfattning : The water situation in Malaysia is not ideal. Due to the unsatisfactory quality of the piped water, the demand of domestic water filters in Malaysia is increasing. At the same time, 40 percent of the Malaysian population are described as a low income group who are especially vulnerable against increases in living costs. LÄS MER
2. A comparison study of PV and battery technologies for EWB off-grid electrification projects in Sub-Saharan AfricaKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik; KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Only 10 % of the rural population in Sub-Saharan Africa has access to electricity. At the same time the Sub-Saharan countries are close to the equator and get many sun hours a day, leading to a huge potential for solar energy. LÄS MER
3. Development and Design of a portable off-grid photovoltaic system with contingency functions for rural areas : Case study RwandaKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Energiteknik; KTH/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : This project is initiated by Engineers without Borders at Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan(KTH) in collaboration with the non-governmental organization Rwanda Village Concept Project at the University of Rwanda. It is funded by KTH Opportunities Fund with an amount of 20 000 SEK. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The small village Chonyonyo, in the district Karagwe in the northwest of Tanzania has a shortage of safe drinking water. Women and children spend several hours a day fetching water and gathering firewood to boil the water to make it more suitable for drinking. LÄS MER
5. Investigation of groundwater resources - A case study in north-west Tanzania using remote sensing analysis and groundwater simulationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Teknisk vattenresurslära
Sammanfattning : Globally 884 million people depend on unsafe drinking water, of which 159 million depend on untreated surface water (WHO, 2017). In Tanzania 44% of the popula- tion lack access to safe drinking water (WaterAid, 2017). LÄS MER