Sökning: "Engineers without borders"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden Engineers without borders.
1. Product development in low income markets : Identifying user needs and approaches in design in a low income market, with focus on the water filtration market in MalaysiaKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Produkt- och tjänstedesign; KTH/Produkt- och tjänstedesign
Sammanfattning : The water situation in Malaysia is not ideal. Due to the unsatisfactory quality of the piped water, the demand of domestic water filters in Malaysia is increasing. At the same time, 40 percent of the Malaysian population are described as a low income group who are especially vulnerable against increases in living costs. LÄS MER
2. A comparison study of PV and battery technologies for EWB off-grid electrification projects in Sub-Saharan AfricaKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik; KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Only 10 % of the rural population in Sub-Saharan Africa has access to electricity. At the same time the Sub-Saharan countries are close to the equator and get many sun hours a day, leading to a huge potential for solar energy. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, KTH/Produktinnovationsteknik; KTH/Produktinnovationsteknik
Sammanfattning : The water situation in Malaysia is not ideal. Due to the unsatisfactory quality of the piped water, the demand of domestic water filters in Malaysia is increasing. LÄS MER
4. Development and Design of a portable off-grid photovoltaic system with contingency functions for rural areas : Case study RwandaKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Energiteknik; KTH/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : This project is initiated by Engineers without Borders at Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan(KTH) in collaboration with the non-governmental organization Rwanda Village Concept Project at the University of Rwanda. It is funded by KTH Opportunities Fund with an amount of 20 000 SEK. LÄS MER
5. PHOTOVOLTAIC ELECTRIFICATION IN CAMEROON : - A study for the Renewable Energy Program initiated by Engineers Without Borders SWEKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Industriell produktion; KTH/Industriell produktion
Sammanfattning : In Sub-Saharan Africa where the rural electrification rates are below 20%, many are positive about renewable energy sources being the salvation for the electricity problem in the area. Engineers Without Borders Sweden has also recognized this and intends to enable a quicker implementation through the Renewable Energy Program. LÄS MER