Sökning: "Environmental determinism"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Environmental determinism.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores in what way the organisation IHOPE discuss the concept of Anthropocene in text. The texts analysed are based on a selection from publications on IHOPE’s webpage that encompass the word ‘Anthropocene’. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Is there no development without water? Are arid and dry regions destined to face water scarcity? This essay argues that with globalisation and technological advancements in the water sector are making time and place less relevant for hydro securing societies. Instead, relevant for water insecure countries is the asymmetrical access to technologies and management. LÄS MER
3. Ekofeministiska perspektiv på kvinnor och miljö. : Elin Wägners Väckarklocka och Charlotte Perkins Gilmans Herland analyserade ur ett ekofeministiskt perspektiv.Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för idé- och samhällsstudier
Sammanfattning : In this thesis the Swedish author Elin Wägner’s debate book Alarm clock and the American author Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s novel Herland are analysed and compared from an ecofeminist perspective. Since the use of an ecofeminist perspective can be perceived as anachronistic as the term ecofeminism was drafted far later than the literary works in question I have chosen to distinguish between empirical and analytical concepts to approach their texts. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola/Sektionen för planering och mediedesign
Sammanfattning : As a result of economic development and globalization, cities, especially their commercial blocks, are becoming highly similar because their local culture is crashed by foreign ones. As an essential component of a city, commercial blocks represent the image of the city and have a positive value of local culture. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Geologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The geological significance of the microbial-formed oncoid is not as well understood as the recognized, analogous stromatolite but can, as well be used as an environmental indicator. In association with the larger Phanerozoic mass extinctions, a resurgence of microbialites as a disaster fauna is at present an accepted view. LÄS MER