Sökning: "coping mechanisms"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 71 uppsatser innehållade orden coping mechanisms.
1. Transitioning from Care to Adulthood: Reintegration Experiences of Young People Leaving Residential Care in GhanaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : Studies on the young people’s transition from care have gained considerable attention in child protection discourse globally but in the African context, it is beginning to take form. Despite the incessant reintegration efforts occasioned by the quest to reform alternative childcare mechanisms in the Ghanaian context, little is known of the experiences of care leavers while they are leaving, and when they are out of care. LÄS MER
2. Beyond vulnerabilities: Exploring the coping mechanisms of children as family heads in child-headed households in Kampala district Uganda.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : Uganda is a signatory of both local and international child protection protocols and has further shown its great commitment to child welfare through various agencies put up to implement child welfare-related issues. Yet with all this, children in Uganda continue to be abused and their rights violated. LÄS MER
3. Transnational Experiences of Ugandan Students in Gothenburg, Sweden; Challenges and Adaptation strategiesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of this qualitative study was to explore the transnational experiences of Ugandan students in Gothenburg; Sweden. The focus was to understand how cultural differences affect the academic and social life of these students, the ways in which they adapt to the new host country Sweden, challenges they might have encountered and how they have managed to overcome them. LÄS MER
4. Increasing fuel taxes as an identity threat : a case study of the social movement Bensinupproret 2.0Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Due to the ratification of the Paris Agreement, Sweden has committed to cut greenhouse gas emissions from the transport sector with 70 % by the year 2030. One of the approaches to help reach that goal is to increase the tax price on fossil fuels, as an attempt to reduce fossil fuel consumption nationally. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management
Sammanfattning : Despite advancements world-over in access to basic education, hundreds of millions of children cannot read simple texts nor solve simple math problems, whether or not they have been to school. While there is evidence signalling the significant role of teachers in education outcomes, they are often seen as contributing to the learning crisis. LÄS MER