Sökning: "postharvest loss"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden postharvest loss.
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Plant Protection Biology
Sammanfattning : The fungal pathogen Botrytis cinerea causes grey mould in strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa) inflicting great yield loss and significant economic loss. To date, spraying with chemical fungicides is the primary management practice to control this disease. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Livsmedelsteknik och nutrition (master)
Sammanfattning : Onion (Allium cepa L.) is the most economically important Allium crop. The commercial cycle of onion starts with the harvest and expect for the bulbs a conservation in bulks or in storage area at controlled temperature and relative humidity. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Central Africa has the lowest food production per capita, slow yield development and the fastest growing population in the world. This study aimed to develop a model, which estimates the grain surplus or deficit in Cameroon for 2015-2030. LÄS MER
4. Assessment of postharvest loss for perishable produces from wholesalers to consumers : a case study of Et-fruit distribution company in Addis Ababa, EthiopiaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : This thesis underlines an assessment of the Postharvest loss conditions of selected fresh produces of Etfruit wholesalers and its impact on chain players in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Reducing Postharvest loss instead of increasing the volume of production can save scarce resources, ecofriendly and improve food security (Kader, 2004). LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Globally, around a third of all food produced is lost or wasted. This means a decrease in food available to meet global food demands, but also a loss in resources used for production, transportation and processing. LÄS MER