Sökning: "food security"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 346 uppsatser innehållade orden food security.
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : To provide healthy food and livelihoods to a growing population on Earth, while environmental issues becoming more adverse, as well as climate change becoming more critical, is one of today’s greatest challenges. By 2015 the United Nations come up with 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s) to tackle global challenges as poverty, global hunger, climate resilience, population growth control, achieving food security, and promotion of sustainable agriculture. LÄS MER
2. A fishery at risk and the limits to adaptation : a study of Cambodian Community Fishery organisations’ role in reducing livelihood vulnerability to climate change in their communitiesMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Cambodia’s small-scale fisheries support the livelihoods of a major part of the country's rural population and play a crucial role in food security. Climate change-related impacts alongside geopolitical changes harm the aquatic ecosystems the fishery depends on, and thus contain a great threat to both food security and rural fishery-based livelihoods in the country. LÄS MER
3. Polemics around genetically modified crops : understanding the “problematizations” by the researchers and farmers in IndiaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : India is an agriculture based country where a big chunk of its population is employed in the agricultural sector. Despite significant improvements in food security mainly as a result of the Green revolution, farmers are still facing a list of problems. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för ekologi, miljö och botanik
Sammanfattning : In a world where the human population is increasing, new innovations to produce enough food are required. Aquaculture’s part of the global animal protein production has increased in recent years and could be a possible solution. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The relationship between Indonesia and rice self-sufficiency policy has lasted since its independence from colonialism. Unfortunately, the policy does not always work. Even though the Government has done a lot of things to improve rice production, Indonesia has to import rice from overseas to fulfill its demand for rice. LÄS MER