Sökning: "Female scholars"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 49 uppsatser innehållade orden Female scholars.
1. “Female Migrant Housing Experiences” An in-depth intersectional analysis of housing experiences for female scholars from the global south living in Gothenburg, Sweden.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Living in Sweden is becoming far problematic for immigrants because of the fast-growing population without a correspondent increase in the construction of housing. The high demand of housing and its limited number of supplies has led to shortage and as a result price escalation. LÄS MER
2. DOES WOMEN'S POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT IMPROVE GENDER BALANCE IN PEACEKEEPING? A Large N Study of Troop Contributing CountriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although the United Nations has officially recognized an importance of women’s participation in peacekeeping, the number of female personnel remains low; thus, scholars have been investigating the factors that may facilitate a broader inclusion of women in peacekeeping operations. In order to contribute to the existing literature on the topic, this study examines whether one specific factor, a country’s level of women’s political empowerment, has an impact on the level of gender balance in its peacekeeping troops. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/Internationella Handelshögskolan; Högskolan i Jönköping/Internationella Handelshögskolan
Sammanfattning : Background: Online casinos are rising in popularity, and the number of people in Sweden who gambled online in 2018 is an all-time high. At the same time, the amount of money that online casinos spend on advertisements is also at an all-time high. LÄS MER
4. Lömska demoner i drömska domäner : Representationer av fiktiva bibliotek och bibliotekarier i dataspelMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för ABM
Sammanfattning : Introduction. Stereotypical representations of libraries and librarians in popular culture and media have been a cause of concern for decades. Nevertheless, representations of fictional libraries and librarians in video games have so far been ignored by scholars. This thesis aims at an initial mapping of this uncharted territory. LÄS MER
5. Unequal opportunities in the knowledge economy : A social network analysis of formal and informalnetworksMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för geografi
Sammanfattning : A new capitalistic era known as the knowledge economy has emerged since the middle of the 20thcentury, identified by ‘knowledge-based work’ and ‘immaterial labor’ generating innovation inleading-edge sectors, and recognized as a driver for economic change and future growth. As aspatial consequence, the importance of regions as economic entities has increased. LÄS MER