Sökning: "Grassroots innovations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden Grassroots innovations.
1. Towards a Societal Transformation - a qualitative study of grassroots innovations within waste management in ZanzibarMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : The issue of waste is an increasing global problem, affecting people, animals and ecosystems. Zanzibar has experienced a dramatic increase of incoming tourists, with a growing waste problem as a result. LÄS MER
2. [Em]powering communities? : explaining the changing role and nature of Costa Rica’s cooperatives from successful community-led rural electrification to failing community-led electricity generationMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Concerns about energy-related emissions and energy dependence and security while also achieving the SDGs are fuelling the rising interest in socio-technical transitions towards more sustainable energy systems. Community energy projects have been proposed as a tool for this transition to renewable energy, but little is known about its potential to foster the wider transformation of the energy system. LÄS MER
3. Swimming against the current : the journey of Canadian Transition initiatives in their quest for transformative changeMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Humanity's current resource use patterns are unsustainable, and corrective action is required at all levels. Grassroots social innovation groups have great potential to contribute to solutions. The Transition movement has taken hold in Canada, but little is known about its successes and challenges in creating conditions for transformative change. LÄS MER
4. Small and steady: the role of the town energy committees in the transition to clean energy in VermontMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : International and national carbon reduction plans and targets have constituted the subject of a copious amount research in recent years. Concurrently, the number of cities, regions, companies and communities that have set ambitious targets for renewable energy and energy efficiency has been growing. LÄS MER
5. Building Happy and Resilient Communities in the North of the European Union : A case study on Transition Movement in Sweden and its relationship with the EUMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : When the world becomes drowned in multiple global problems and citizens do not see any real progressive solutions from their governments, they take the initiative in their own hands and start changing the world on their own. The Transition Town movement was born this way. LÄS MER