Sökning: "Islamic terrorism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 76 uppsatser innehållade orden Islamic terrorism.
1. Kvinnorna, männen och det politiska våldet: En kritisk diskursanalys om svensk medias porträttering av kvinnors och mäns politiska våld inom Islamiska StatenKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study examines how Swedish media portrays women’s and men’s political violence. This is done by using critical discourse analysis according to Fairclough’s three dimensional model. The material that’s analyzed is 17 articles produced by some of Sweden’s largest mediahouses. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims to analyze how identity and potential ontological insecurity are expressed in the Islamic State’s narrative and how this may explain the use of suicide attacks. This is done by analyzing the language in the Islamic State’s official magazines between 2014 to 2017 through a theoretical lens of ontological security. LÄS MER
3. Youth Radicalization and Violent Extremism in North-East Nigeria: An Assessment of Risk Factors and Government’s ResponsesMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study assesses the problem of youth radicalization and violent extremism in the northeast region of Nigeria. The study aimed to identify and explain the major factors that make these youths in the region vulnerable to the radical ideologies of Boko Haram, how these factors have interacted and resulted in them being sympathetic to terrorism in the region or being actively involved in the act. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study intends to examine China’s use of religious violence and antiterrorism when constructing a narrative of the situation in Xinjiang. While the tensions in Xinjiang are not a new occurrence, their intensity has undoubtedly increased. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although terrorism is an area that has been the subject of much research, systematic searches in databases reveal that a focus on actors and movements that find their motivation in Christian beliefs, is, by and large, lacking. Ever since the 9/11 terrorist attack, Islamist terrorism has been the major focus. LÄS MER