Sökning: "Nature values"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 726 uppsatser innehållade orden Nature values.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Niuean population has been in decline since the airport opened on the island. This thesis investigates a specific aspect of the migration from the island: what final year high school students in Niue plans to do after graduation in relation to leaving or staying in Niue. LÄS MER
2. Reconstruction of past European land cover from pollen data: using spatial statistics and Crank-Nicolson Monte CarloMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Matematisk statistik
Sammanfattning : Given a pollen data set from Europe over a time period, the aim is to reconstruct the past land cover by interpolating from the pollen data values to a continuous map. The data is on compositional form with three vegetation categories; coniferous forest, broadleaved forest and open land. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : How should we deal with city planning in a world that is rapidly turning urban, without destroying valuable nature assets along the way? The last decades are proof that the system we are using today is not up to the challenge. Therefore this thesis is showing a new approach to how comprehensive city planning can grow from nature based values and a deeper understanding of a city’s foundation. LÄS MER
4. Bibliotekets värden : Människosyn i rapporter utgivna av Svensk biblioteksförening och Kungliga biblioteketMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för ABM
Sammanfattning : This study investigates attitudes towards human nature in reports published by the Swedish Library Association and the National Library of Sweden between 2015 and 2018. By using ideological analysis, I was able to focus the study on three dimensions of human nature: the worth of human beings, human behavior and human needs. LÄS MER
5. Unraveling diverse values of ecosystem services : A socio-cultural valuation using the Q-methodology in Messenia, GreeceMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Stockholm Resilience Centre
Sammanfattning : People perceive the importance of ecosystem services in different ways, depending on their values, beliefs and needs. This study provides a nuanced understanding of the multiple ways stakeholder groups perceive the benefits derived from hydrologic services in the surrounding area of the "Gialova" coastal wetland in Messenia, Greece. LÄS MER