Sökning: "community governance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 157 uppsatser innehållade orden community governance.
1. IS TRANSFRONTIER CONSERVATION OVERCOMING THE PITFALLS OF LARGE-SCALE COLLECTIVE ACTION? A case study of the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Conservation Area in southern AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Management of migrating resources is typically referring to fish or water, but wildlife such as elephants, rhinos and lions can also classify as a migratory resource. These animals are generally constrained by political borders, but by implementing large wildlife-parks called transfrontier conservation areas the political borders between two or more states are opened. LÄS MER
2. Social Change of an Indigenous Community: A case study of the community-based cooperative "Millennial Women" in Oaxaca, MexicoKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : Mexico has a large share of indigenous people that are living in disproportionally high poverty levels. As a result, rural communities are facing deprivation of indigenous peoples in search of work in urban areas. LÄS MER
3. Peace in the peaks? Changes in water and land distribution in Colombia’s southern highlands during the Post-Peace Agreement phaseMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Governance of environmental resources plays a key role in enhancing or hindering progress towards peace in post-conflict societies. Two years after the signing of the Peace Agreement between the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) and the government of Colombia, new dynamics on natural resource and land-use are leading to environmental harm in some regions. LÄS MER
4. Development of a GIS methodology to evaluate informal urban green areas for inclusion in a community governance programMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Informal green spaces are “small green areas” which are some square meter plots along streets or in junctions, in front of public or private buildings. Informal urban green space become or remain in neglected condition due to the lack of capacity of the municipality to maintain them. LÄS MER
5. "Waste not, want not": an analysis of sustainable waste management practices in Fort Collins, Colorado from a transition perspectiveMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Increasing waste generation levels are presenting a multitude of issues from both low and high- income countries around the world. High levels of greenhouse gas emissions, water contamination and ecosystem endangerment are all concerns that are exacerbated by improper management of waste. LÄS MER