Sökning: "civil liberties"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 39 uppsatser innehållade orden civil liberties.
1. GDPR Compliance in EU-US Data Transfers - Examining the impact of the EU Commission’s 2023 adequacy decision on surveillance risksKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för handelsrätt
Sammanfattning : International data transfers serve to support the global economy, facilitating international collaboration and economic expansion. However this increased productivity comes at a cost, namely amplified personal data privacy and security risks. LÄS MER
2. DOES FOREIGN AID PROMOTE HUMAN RIGHTS? Evidence from a quantitative large-N study of 121 aid-receiving countries, 2003-2021Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Human rights are in crisis. Even if the Universal Declaration of Human Rights celebrates 75 years in 2023, the anniversary comes at a time when the world is experiencing human suffering so grave that international human rights organizations are alerting for a global human rights crisis. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Extensive research argues that women express higher levels of concern regarding environmental degradation and are more likely to act for environmental causes. This raises the question if women’s empowerment could lead to better environmental outcomes. Some research finds that women’s political empowerment indeed has good environmental outcomes. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : This text aims to identify the political framework of the human rights regime and compare the regime's historical and current political framework. This question is essential and deserves research as it explains how the regime has developed its policies and advocacy over its history and elucidates the reasons behind several of the most damaging and contentious challenges the human rights advocacy has faced over the last few years. LÄS MER
5. From Consolidation to Democratic Erosion: The Case of Hungary : A Qualitative Theory Consuming Case Study on Democratic Backsliding in HungaryKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : The rapid decline of democracy in Hungary has been one of the EU's most challenging phenomena. The Hungarian parliamentary elections in 2010 saw Viktor Orban's Fidesz party rise to prominence and win a majority in the Hungarian parliament. LÄS MER