Sökning: "the Baltic Sea"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 609 uppsatser innehållade orden the Baltic Sea.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Luft-, vatten- och landskapslära
Sammanfattning : Low-level jets (LLJs) are local wind speed maximums in the atmospheric boundary layer. In the Baltic Sea, LLJs are frequently occurring in spring and summer. It is an important phenomena to consider for wind energy parks, and changes in turbulence during the jets can effect the efficiency of said parks. LÄS MER
2. Massbalans av salt, kväve och fosfor i Dynestadsjön : En pilotstudie innefattande flödesmätningar och modelleringMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Dynestadsjön in Gamleby, Västervik municipality, has a history of collapses due to lack ofoxygen and high levels of salt, nitrogen and phosphorus. The high levels of nutrients havegiven rise to deteriorating living conditions for aquatic organisms. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för naturvetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : Microplastics are emerging pollutants in the marine environment, including a range of polymers modified by varying quantities of additives and sorbed pollutants, differing in size, colour, and shape. This study focuses on characterization and quantification through visual characterization of microplastics >300 μm in surface water and at 5-meter depth in the Gulf of Bothnia. LÄS MER
4. Death's reflection in the water : Mortuary ritual, ancestral worship and the cosmological significance of water on the island of Gotland during the Pitted Ware cultureKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Arkeologi
Sammanfattning : The Pitted Ware culture on Gotland presents a multitude of material that allow archeologists to re-construct and visit the socio-economic structure of a middle-neolithic settlement in the Baltic sea. I will be analyzing the archaeological material in accordance to the ocean, and to what we can interpret as ritual and cosmological variables at the site through ritual theory, and with a method of comparative analogy and research. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Examensarbeten i biologi
Sammanfattning : An ever-growing problem is the increasing amount of microplastics in the sea and how they affect marine organisms. Microplastics are small pieces of plastic that are between 0.1 - 500 micrometres. They are divided into primary and secondary microplastics. LÄS MER