Sökning: "the Stockholm Exhibition of 1930"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden the Stockholm Exhibition of 1930.
1. Den cirkulerande raskunskapen : interaktionen mellan rasbiologiska institutet och allmänheten 1922-1935, sedd ur ett kunskapshistoriskt perspektivMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Historia
Sammanfattning : In recent years, history of knowledge has been established as a new theoretical field in the study of history. An important perspective in this field is the theory of circulation of knowledge, according to which knowledge should be studied through its movement between different spheres in society – movement that, furthermore, contributes to changing this knowledge. LÄS MER
2. Concept, Space, Home: A Conceptual History of Social Space, Functionalist Homes, and the Stockholm Exhibition of 1930Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för idé- och lärdomshistoria
Sammanfattning : The field of Conceptual History is often criticized for considering only a small slice of the historical vocabulary it intends to historicize. What about the discourse of the silenced, working at home, robbed of a pen? Concepts are indicative of many contexts of meaning: in this thesis, therefore, propelled by the foregoing question and statement, it is argued that the main protagonist of German, conceptual history, i. LÄS MER
3. The Importance of Curation: a Case-Study of the Subfossil Lemur Collection in the Museum of Evolution, Uppsala UniversityMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Paleobiologi
Sammanfattning : In times when many natural history museums experience financial cuts, it is important to show why museums matter, what they can offer, and what they mean for both the public and the scientific society. The collections are the heart of the museum and they need to be well-managed in order to attract visitors (both researchers and public). LÄS MER
4. Spegel, Spegel på väggen där : spegeln som inredningsobjekt under den gustavianska tiden och under funktionalismenKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan på Gotland/Institutionen för kultur, energi och miljö
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to examine how mirrors were hung and used in decorating a room during the gustavian period (1770-1810) and the functionalistic period (1930-1939) in Sweden. I have compared the two styles and the way of decorating with mirrors. Based on the comparison I deduced the differences and similarities. LÄS MER
- L3-uppsats, SLU/Department of Landscape Architecture, Planning and Management (from 130101)
Sammanfattning : The functionalism started in southern Europe after world war one and got its breakthrough in Sweden with the Stockholm Exhibition in 1930. Poverty caused many people living in overcrowded conditions which the functionalists wanted to change by using less expensive materials and giving healthier living conditions to the people. LÄS MER