Sökning: "Ecological Marxism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden Ecological Marxism.
1. Climate on the Horizon?: Gothenburg dockworkers’ framings of their political horizon regarding climate changeMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The climate is rapidly warming, and this has triggered a global trend in mobilisation against climate change. Due to workers’ unique position within the capitalist mode of production the interest in the potential for labour mobilisation against climate change is growing. LÄS MER
2. Extraction for the Green Transition: An Eco-Marxist actor analysis of lithium governance in BoliviaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Bolivia holds among the biggest reserves of lithium in the world. Lithium-ion batteries are essential components in electric vehicles, solar panels, and wind turbines, and are therefore crucial for a global transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy. Meanwhile, the extraction process of lithium can cause large environmental damage. LÄS MER
3. Trails and roads: from the Paramo to the city : exploring the tensions between environmental conservation and economic growth. A case study in Sumapaz, Colombia.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : The need to preserve ecosystems to enable the reproduction of a global market-based economy has led conservationist measures that are in contradiction with a model of Development heavily based on the connectivity to broader markets. The case of protected Colombian Paramo in Sumapaz explores trails’ as a conduit to understand social mechanisms for space-time appropriations and how are they contested. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : The established scientific reality of asbestos is that (a) asbestos is toxic at a minuscule dose, and (b) exposure should be avoided whenever possible, with the evidence expanding almost exponentially over the past century. The purpose of this research is to explore the historical and global socio-natural entanglements of the economy of asbestos and the resulting mechanisms at play to occlude and marginalise the toxicity and emphasise profitability. LÄS MER
5. NEOLIBERAL CAPITALISM AND DEBILITATION: A case study of disability, political economy & environment in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to explore how disability can be mobilised as an analytical category in a critique of neoliberal capitalism as it affects laborers, their bodies, and their socio-economic as well as ecological environment. In particular, I unpack how and why the body is rendered able and unable by political economy, and how the labor market instantiates hegemonic norms of ability. LÄS MER