Sökning: "rural women development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 171 uppsatser innehållade orden rural women development.
1. The role of gender equality on rural women development in agriculture : case study: koperative duhinge ikigori kanjongo “KODIKA”, Nyamasheke district, RwandaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Gender is as a contract in society regulating the relations between men and women. But Gender equality is referred to as equal rights, roles and responsibilities for men and women. It is a crucial element in sustainable development, and it is considered as human rights. LÄS MER
2. Integration of allotment garden in public green space for the social wellbeing of urban residents : a study of Ekebydalen allotment garden, Uppsala, SwedenMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Background: Agriculture is among the relevant factors for the formation of cities and it has been an integral part of city life throughout history. Despite the increase in population growth, urban agriculture can offer a unique opportunity for improving the livelihood of individuals through the practice of growing food in urban green spaces. LÄS MER
3. EmpowermentofEthiopianwomenandtheachievementoftheUNMillennium DevelopmentGoals(MDGs)EmpowermentofEthiopianwomenandtheachievementoftheUNMillennium DevelopmentGoals(MDGs)Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study was to investigate the connection between rural Ethiopian women empowerment and the development progress process that Ethiopiais achieving contemporarily.It also studied whether the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) set by the UN are enough to address the needs and improve the status of women and young girls in Ethiopia. LÄS MER
4. “They are being made into like baby-making machines” : a study of the impact of gender structures and norms on family planning for Xhosa women in rural Zithulele, South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management
Sammanfattning : Women in rural areas of South Africa battle with many structural issues, including unemployment, education and accessibility to health services, greatly delimiting family planning. However, socially constructed and internalized gender norms pose an additional and potentially greater barrier to family planning in traditional and patriarchal settings. LÄS MER
5. Promoting women’s empowerment through access to electricity : a case study of the mini-grid project in a rural village in MyanmarMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management
Sammanfattning : Men and women have different energy needs, and the lack of access to electricity could be negatively affecting women more than men by reason of women’s typical gender norms in a society. However, previous studies and projects’ approach rarely recognize the gender dimension on energy. LÄS MER