Sökning: "smallholder farming"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 36 uppsatser innehållade orden smallholder farming.
1. Whole farm technical efficiency : the case of Ethiopian smallholders: time-variant stochastic frontier modelMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : This study uses a time-varying random-effects stochastic frontier model to estimate level of whole farm technical efficiency using 3,465 observations of sample smallholder farmers located in Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, and Southern Nation and Nationalities (SNNP) regions of Ethiopia. A baseline econometric analysis has been done by employing Corrected Ordinary Least Square (COLS) and cross-section data models prior to the panel data model analysis as a robustness check. LÄS MER
2. Foreign large-scale land acquisitions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Boon or bane for domestic food security?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the boom in global food prices in 2008, governments and companies around the world seek to boost agricultural output and sustain internal food security through the purchase and lease of farmland in Sub-Saharan Africa. There is no consensus in the literature whether land acquisitions by foreign investors are beneficial to the livelihoods of the local people in Africa. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : Abstract This study aimed to identify the major determinants of performance among Fair trade certified small-scale coffee growers in the Kagera region, northwest Tanzania. The analysis is based on survey data collected through field interviews with a sample of Tanzanian Fair trade certified farmers during the period March-April 2017. LÄS MER
4. From traditional to modern rice farming methods: A case study on smallholder farmers in the subaks of Gunung Sari village, Bali, IndonesiaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : Historically, smallholder farmers have dominated rice production in the Global South, typically cultivating rice on less than one hectare of land. In Indonesia, rice is the staple crop and is both a political and cultural commodity. LÄS MER
5. From rice to sugar, from smallholder to businessman : a case study of outgrower schemes within the EcoEnergy Bagamoyo project, TanzaniaMagister-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Many governments in Africa envisage the potential to create rural employment, improve energy balances and strengthen their national economies by encouraging investment in large-scale agriculture. This trend is being intensified by global demand for alternative sources of energy and food, against a background of high oil prices and growing world population. LÄS MER