Sökning: "smallholder farming"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 uppsatser innehållade orden smallholder farming.
1. The gender gap in agricultural productivity- A case study of rice farming in the River Delta Valley in SenegalKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In Senegal, rice plays a crucial role in combating food insecurity since it is one of the most consumed staple crops. Despite this, national rice-production is insufficient in relation to the domestic demand, making Senegal one of West Africa’s most import-dependent countries in rice. LÄS MER
2. Coping with climate change : Social ecological resilience to climate change for smallholding farms in Portland, Jamaica. Analysing the implementation of the pineapple variety MD2.Kandidat-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för naturvetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : In Portland Jamaica, smallholding farmers are facing major challenges in terms of economic uncertainty and climate change. This study is analyzing a project which aims at increasing farmers ability to adapt to climate change. The objective of the project is to introduce the pineapple variety MD2 for smallholder farmers in Portland Jamaica. LÄS MER
3. Microfinance in Ugandan coffee farming : a case study of coffee farmers in the Ugandan savings & credit cooperative “Buikwe Riis Coffee Farmers”Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : This thesis argues for utilizing microfinance when supporting Ugandan coffee farmers developing their coffee farming. To increase the effectiveness of microfinance in this context a modification of its repayment scheme is needed so it is to be more relatable to the special production properties that coffee farming inherently has. LÄS MER
4. Whole farm technical efficiency : the case of Ethiopian smallholders: time-variant stochastic frontier modelMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : This study uses a time-varying random-effects stochastic frontier model to estimate level of whole farm technical efficiency using 3,465 observations of sample smallholder farmers located in Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, and Southern Nation and Nationalities (SNNP) regions of Ethiopia. A baseline econometric analysis has been done by employing Corrected Ordinary Least Square (COLS) and cross-section data models prior to the panel data model analysis as a robustness check. LÄS MER
5. Foreign large-scale land acquisitions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Boon or bane for domestic food security?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the boom in global food prices in 2008, governments and companies around the world seek to boost agricultural output and sustain internal food security through the purchase and lease of farmland in Sub-Saharan Africa. There is no consensus in the literature whether land acquisitions by foreign investors are beneficial to the livelihoods of the local people in Africa. LÄS MER