Sökning: "transnational migration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 58 uppsatser innehållade orden transnational migration.
1. Social workers with borders Finnish social workers’ perceptions of transnationalism in the practice with unaccompanied minor migrantsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of this paper was to study the perceptions which Finnish social workers hold of transnationalism in their practice with unaccompanied minors. Seeing how they perceived it as part of the minor’s lives, how they took into consideration the transnational family ties, and how transnational was their own practice were the questions that this study intended to answer. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The recent wave of Syrian refugees’ spontaneous return to conflict areas in Syria is not a new phenomenon, various cases of return to areas that do not meet safety and security standards has happened in cases like Somali refugees returning from Kenya or Angolan refugees returning from Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo. However, the Syrian case is important to study in order to examine any new patterns or elements in refugee returns that could arise or could be unpacked by looking into the Syrian case. LÄS MER
3. Transnational Parenting and Cultural Capital : A qualitative study on cultural capital and parenting strategies of English-speaking migrants in Sweden.Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study explores how English-speaking migrant parents in Sweden value transnational and linguistic cultural capital, and how they draw upon their own cultural resources in order to help their children acquire these forms of capital and inculcate a habitus. Bourdieu’s theory of cultural capital, social capital and habitus are used in a qualitative study in order to investigate how parents cultural capital was valued in the new cultural context, how they acquired new, more relevant capital for themselves, and how this shaped the aims, expectations and strategies they had to help their children acquire valued forms of capital. LÄS MER
4. LESSONS FROM ROMA FEMINISM IN EUROPE Digital Storytelling Projects with Roma Women Activists from Romania, Spain and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This multi-sited ethnographic research explores Roma feminism through the stories of Roma women activists participating in Digital Storytelling projects in Romania, Spain and Sweden. Drawing from relevant feminist theory and debates (intersectionality and Roma feminist theory, transnational feminism, liberal and cultural/different-centered feminist thought), these stories are understood in dialogue with different theoretical perspectives that both reproduce patterns of conflicts in feminist thought and create new ways of understanding feminism and solidarity based on a transnational context. LÄS MER
5. ”Hemland är ju hemland” : transnationella aktiviteter och engagemang bland individer inom den afghanska diasporan i SverigeKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : This paper focuses on the transnational activities among individuals in the Afghan diaspora in Sweden. The qualitative data of the paper is obtained through seven semi-structured interviews and analyzed through a framework of transnational activities (economic, social and political) and Van Hear’s categories on three social spheres in Afghanistan where those activities are directed (household and the extended family sphere, the well- known community sphere and the imagined community sphere). LÄS MER