Sökning: "transnational migration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 63 uppsatser innehållade orden transnational migration.
1. KULTUR, INDIVIDUALITET OCH HEGEMONI En kritisk diskursanalys av migrantdiskurser i tidskriften SocionomenKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : Two important processes stand out in terms of how social work is developed and carried out in Sweden, these being transnational migration and the neoliberal transformation of the welfare state. Against this background this paper aims to critically analyze how a journal addressed to professional social workers depicts migrants and social work with migrants. LÄS MER
2. Social workers with borders Finnish social workers’ perceptions of transnationalism in the practice with unaccompanied minor migrantsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of this paper was to study the perceptions which Finnish social workers hold of transnationalism in their practice with unaccompanied minors. Seeing how they perceived it as part of the minor’s lives, how they took into consideration the transnational family ties, and how transnational was their own practice were the questions that this study intended to answer. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The recent wave of Syrian refugees’ spontaneous return to conflict areas in Syria is not a new phenomenon, various cases of return to areas that do not meet safety and security standards has happened in cases like Somali refugees returning from Kenya or Angolan refugees returning from Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo. However, the Syrian case is important to study in order to examine any new patterns or elements in refugee returns that could arise or could be unpacked by looking into the Syrian case. LÄS MER
4. Amidst uncertainty and othering, EU citizens in search of belonging: The impact of Brexit on migrant identity and significant life-course decisionsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The UK's departure from the EU marks a pivotal moment in the history of intra-EU migration, one which foretells significant consequences for the identities and future plans of EU27 citizens who call the UK home, as they try to navigate the uncertainty and xenophobic othering sparked by the referendum result in June 2016. This thesis proposes five hypotheses on the cause-and-effect relationships that link migrant identity to subsequent decision-making in the context of Brexit, through coping strategies and other determining factors. LÄS MER
5. Investigating Reflections on Social Sustainability: The Case of EU-Funded Projects in Remote Northern CommunitiesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : There has been a general population decline in the European Arctic and northern periphery, with out-migration being one of the main drivers. The population is ageing and less able to contribute to the economic welfare. LÄS MER