Sökning: "transnational migration"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 65 uppsatser innehållade orden transnational migration.
11. LESSONS FROM ROMA FEMINISM IN EUROPE Digital Storytelling Projects with Roma Women Activists from Romania, Spain and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This multi-sited ethnographic research explores Roma feminism through the stories of Roma women activists participating in Digital Storytelling projects in Romania, Spain and Sweden. Drawing from relevant feminist theory and debates (intersectionality and Roma feminist theory, transnational feminism, liberal and cultural/different-centered feminist thought), these stories are understood in dialogue with different theoretical perspectives that both reproduce patterns of conflicts in feminist thought and create new ways of understanding feminism and solidarity based on a transnational context. LÄS MER
12. ”Hemland är ju hemland” : transnationella aktiviteter och engagemang bland individer inom den afghanska diasporan i SverigeKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : This paper focuses on the transnational activities among individuals in the Afghan diaspora in Sweden. The qualitative data of the paper is obtained through seven semi-structured interviews and analyzed through a framework of transnational activities (economic, social and political) and Van Hear’s categories on three social spheres in Afghanistan where those activities are directed (household and the extended family sphere, the well- known community sphere and the imagined community sphere). LÄS MER
13. Formation Within the Nation : Migration and Marginalization in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's AmericanahKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Migration and its consequences are often discussed in contemporary postcolonial discussions. This topic of migration is central in Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah. Adichie’s portrayal of the migrating subject has placed her in the center of the Afropolitan discussion about transnational Africans and their right to represent. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Genusvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Female migrants comprise half of the worlds migrating people today. Modern ideals of mothering and motherhood entail mothers staying at home to care for their children, mother’s having to migrate away from their families contradicts current (modern) values. LÄS MER
15. Parenting practices in a migration context : A qualitative interview study of five Spanish mothers living in GermanyMagister-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Barn
Sammanfattning : Europe is living a process of internalisation: the EU policies toward new economic agreements and visa regimes have increased transnational migrations, and have affected the way national borders are understood (Silverstein, 2005:376). Besides, social researchers have highlighted the active role of children (see e.g. Ryan et al. LÄS MER