Sökning: "transnational migration"
Visar resultat 11 - 15 av 60 uppsatser innehållade orden transnational migration.
11. The Formation of Return Migration Intentions: An Intra-Household Analysis of Foreign Families Residing in ItalyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study inspects the micro-determinants of return intentions for foreign nuclear families in Italy. In particular, I argue against the unitary nature of households and focus on intra-household patterns of decision-making, which have been largely neglected by previous studies. LÄS MER
12. Factors Influencing the Divergence and Convergence of ICTs within African Diaspora Entities in the United KingdomMagister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : With the increase in International migration, migrants and diasporas contribution and engagement with their countries of origin has seen growing focus from academics, policymakers, governments and other stakeholders. This has been especially the case in the development sector where remittances form a sizeable percentage of some low-income country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP). LÄS MER
13. Establishing a Culture of Migration : The Spatial, Economic, and Social Planning of Philippine-Korean Labour MigrationMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för kulturantropologi och etnologi
Sammanfattning : Since the second half of the 20th century the Philippines have supplied the world with migrant workers. Today, almost one tenth of the population is residing abroad. LÄS MER
14. Negotiating Identity : A sociolinguistic analysis of adult English speaking immigrants in SwedenKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Due to increased transnational migration and globalisation, English has come to have a high status in Sweden, and is used in daily communication. The purpose of this research is to investigate how immigrants with English as their first language, negotiate their identity in Sweden, how they construct the need to (not) speak Swedish, and, finally, how their linguistic trajectories inform us about their linguistic ideologies and reported practices. LÄS MER
15. Filipina Domestic Workers in São Paulo - An Explorative Case Study on the Social Reproduction of Class, Gender and RaceKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : The study is a first attempt to academically investigate the case of Filipina domestic workers in São Paulo. In brief, it aims to outline these migrants’ life and working conditions, their insertion and function within class relations and in regard to a gendered and racialized work regime. LÄS MER