Sökning: "Climate change mitigation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 301 uppsatser innehållade orden Climate change mitigation.
1. The cooling potential of Rain Gardens and Green Roofs - The influence on energy partitioning in Kvillebäcken, GothenburgMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för geovetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Blue-green infrastructure (BGI) has become a popular way of combating the effects of climatechange, both regarding heat mitigation and runoff from precipitation. This thesis aims tounderstand the potential of two BGI types, namely rain gardens and green roofs, of increasingthe latent heat fraction in an urban area and thereby also understand the possible cooling effectfrom these measures. LÄS MER
2. Seaweed with several benefits A qualitative study about companies’ interest in an environmental project of seaweed cultivations and important factors to consider when formulating a sustainable value proposition of the concept.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Climate change calls for urgent responsibility, not at least from companies, and limitingactivities is vital to not suppress Earth's systems. Carbon offsetting is a short-term solutionused by companies to lower its environmental impact, but new innovations are needed.Multiple researchers have stated several environmental benefits with seaweed, e.g. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Kemiteknik
Sammanfattning : Att koldioxidutsläppen neutraliseras är avgörande för att begränsa klimatförändringarna. Bioenergi i kombination med separation och lagring av koldioxid (BECCS) är en Teknik som kan generera negativa utsläpp. Det största hindret för dess storskaliga genomförande är de höga energikraven för processen. LÄS MER
4. Making Socio-Technical Transition Pathways : The establishment of the Swedish Climate Policy Council, an Argumentative Policy Analytical case studyMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In recent years, several nations have adopted institutional framework laws, so-called Climate Change Acts (CCAs), as means to enforce Paris-compliant mitigation pathways. A key institutional feature to ensure policy stability and compliance with CCAs has been the establishment of independent advisory bodies, tasked with advising on mitigation targets and policy instruments, as well as the, monitoring and evaluation of target attainment. LÄS MER
5. Would You Think We Are Doomed Because of Climate Change? Risk Perception, Taking Action and Trusting Others in the Face of Different Climate Change ScenariosMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Members of the general public assess risks of climate change differently than experts. Increasing the perceived risk through communication of climate change has been debated as a viable strategy to promote more sustainable behavior. LÄS MER