Sökning: "Public officials"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 309 uppsatser innehållade orden Public officials.
1. "Un-masking the Mask-Issue". Examining People´s Meaning-Making Processes and Risk-Cultural Norms regarding Facemasks.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : While most of the world quickly came to terms with covering their noses and mouths in crowded places, people in Sweden have mostly gone without, riding buses and metros, shopping for groceries, and going to school maskless, with only a few rare souls have covered up (Novus, 2021). Officials from the Swedish Public Health Authority (PHA) have repeatedly argued that masks are not effective enough at limiting the spread of the virus to warrant mass use, insisting it is more important to respect social distancing and handwashing recommendations. LÄS MER
2. INFORMATION AND QUALITY OF GOVERNANCE IN NON-DEMOCRATIC SETTINGS A Geospatial Analysis of Media Access and Quality of Public Service Provision in UgandaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigated whether access to a non-state-owned radio station can improve the provision of public services at the district level as aspect of quality of governance in Uganda, depending on the visibility and street-discretion of the service. Thereby, this work attempts to fill the research gap on media access and quality of governance in a non-democratic setting. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Sweden has ratified fundamental human rights conventions such as The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, The Convention of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). However, the implementation is not complete and still needs work on a national as well as a local level. LÄS MER
4. Mediebilden under pandemin – Hur rapporteras krisen? - En kvantitativ innehållsanalys av material från de skandinaviska ländernaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation; Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this quantitative study is to find out how the media image of Sweden, Norwayand Denmark has been framed by the leading evening press in the other countries during theinitial three months of the COVID-19 pandemic. The study aims to answer which frames thatdominates the mediapicture, if Sweden’s, Norway’s and Denmark’s handling of the initialthree months of the COVID-19 has mainly been portrayed in a positive, negative or neutrallight and who is being interviewed in the news coverage. LÄS MER
5. Att omsätta barnkonventionen i praktiken:En kvalitativ studie av hur kommunövergripande barnrättsarbete påverkar verksamheters implementering Examensarbete iMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : In January 2020 the UN Convention of the Rights of the Child (CRC) became Swedish law.Many of the rights described in the convention are provided on a local or regional level, closeto the children. LÄS MER