Sökning: "jane austen feminism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden jane austen feminism.
1. The Coming of Age of a Woman : Proto-feminism and Female Bildung in Jane Austen’s Northanger AbbeyKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the influence of the proto-feminist ideas of the Enlightenment on Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey, specifically their presence in the coming-of-age journey of the novel’s heroine Catherine Morland. In this thesis, the proto-feminist ideas of the Enlightenment discussed are based on the ideas of Mary Wollstonecraft as presented in A Vindication of the Rights of Woman. LÄS MER
2. Petticoats or Miniskirts: A Comparative Analysis of Feminine Narration in Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones's DiaryKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Abstract Both Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) and Bridget Jones’s Diary (Helen Fielding) have been thoroughly examined by literary critics. When discussed from a feminist perspective, critics are ambiguous as some claim that the novels work against feminist values rather than the reverse. LÄS MER
3. Modern, Bold and Versatile : A study of a Character in the Novel Persuasion Which Challenges the Romantic NormKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : Abstract This study will examine how the protagonist from Jane Austen’s Persuasion - Anne Elliot - challenges the female norms of the Romantic Period. First of all, there will be a study of her personality and background, and then examples of her unconventional thoughts and actions. LÄS MER
4. Love' s function in marital decisions : Materialist feminism in Jane Austen's Emma, Pride and Prejudice and Northanger AbbeyKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för språkstudier
Sammanfattning : In Jane Austen’s Emma, Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey there is a central theme of finding a marriage partner from economic, social and love perspectives. The focus of this essay is to look from a materialist feminist perspective at how these factors influence the characters’ marital matches. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Jane Austen’s novel Emma (1815) is set in the quiet English countryside and focuses on the young woman Emma Woodhouse, the daughter of an elderly country gentleman. For 200 years this book has been widely read, and its protagonist has evoked strong feelings. Most readers either love, or hate her, but she is rarely met with indifference. LÄS MER