Sökning: "English language learning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 510 uppsatser innehållade orden English language learning.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Our degree project is built on our experience from our teacher’s practice. In this study, we researched how subject integration and translanguaging influence the educational process and the language development in a multicultural school context. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : A study on the online process of producing idioms in writing and how second language learners manage the production and comprehension of idioms may provide a useful and comprehensive investigation of the production, comprehension and acquisition of language. The study in this paper investigated how Swedish (L1) second language learners of English (L2) produce and comprehend written idioms in the L2. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för språkstudier
Sammanfattning : In this study an outline is presented of the semantic network of the preposition up in American English in sentences extracted from the Corpus of Contemporary American English (COCA), which was done to determine what the most common uses and meanings of the preposition are, as well as to determine if most of its possible meanings are concrete or abstract. The results show that there is a salient use and also prototypical meaning of up, and that these are major factors that impact the semantic network of the preposition. LÄS MER
4. “Two brains are often better than one, probably”: Adult ESL learners’ paired and individual lexical inferencing task performances, in relation to L2 proficiencyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This research concerns lexical inferencing (LI), i.e., the ability to infer the meaning of unknown words in a running text (Haastrup, 1991). Despite its advantages, there is little research on LI as a collaborative effort. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This synthesis investigates the process of reading in a second or foreign language, focusing on English as an educational subject. Second language learning theories, methods and relevant teaching studies concerning reading abilities have been reviewed to shed light on how teachers can approach teaching reading to ESL- and EFL-learners. LÄS MER