Sökning: "Political elite"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 161 uppsatser innehållade orden Political elite.
1. CUE OR NO C(L)UE? How parties shape climate opinion formation using experimental insights from USA and SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : As a central actor in shaping domestic climate policies, political parties play a vital role inbuilding public support for policies aimed at mitigating climate change. However, previousresearch has neglected the role of political parties for individual climate opinion formation. LÄS MER
2. ELITE SURVIVAL FIRST, THEN MERITOCRATIZATION Implications of Elite Survival on the Meritocratization of Bureaucracies: A Panel Data Study from 1820 to 2010Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Previous research has shown that meritocratic recruitment increases bureaucratic governance and decreases corruption (Evans and Rauch, 1999, 2000). However, less emphasis has been made on why meritocratic practices take root. This paper aims to explore this scientific gap by testing two main hypotheses. LÄS MER
3. A filter in the chain of command : A quantitative study on the extent to which officials in the Swedish Government Offices perceive that they are governed bythe political elite and ministerial advisersKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to investigate to what extent the officials within the Swedish Government Offices consider themselves to be governed by the political elite (ministers and state secretaries) and the ministerial advisers (chief of staffs, planning directors, political advisers and press secretaries). In an ideal chain of command, the political elite governs the officials, since the ministers are appointed by the Prime Minister to govern the Government Office’s different policy areas. LÄS MER
4. We Want to Be in the Room Where it Happens : Challenges for Women's Representation in the Zambian ParliamentKandidat-uppsats, Försvarshögskolan
Sammanfattning : This essay explores the cultural and socio-economic barriers for women’s political representation in Zambian politics as well as the importance of women’s representation for their human security. Due to a Western focus on earlier research, a developing country was chosen in order to investigate any differing perspectives that would emerge. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the Spanish left-wing party Podemos and their populist way of expressing politics. There is a vast empirical literature which tries to capture the different elements of populist parties. This thesis seeks to go beyond this, through examining populism as a form of representation. LÄS MER