Sökning: "australia colonial"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden australia colonial.
1. What are the Underlying Factors for the Poor Implementation of the Free, Prior, and Informed Consent Principle in Australia, Canada, and the United States? : A Qualitative Comparative StudyKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : It has been 15 years since the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples recognized the Free, Prior and Informed consent Principle, yet it has not been able to function to its fullest potential. This Thesis aims to carry out a Qualitative Comparative Analysis of the following three countries of Australia, Canada, and the United States. LÄS MER
2. Genderless violence and invisible whiteness : A study of how white supremacist extremism is represented in Western mediaMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper examines what kind of knowledge is (re)produced in Western media coverage of the terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand on 15 March 2019. A central point of departure is that the media plays a significant part in the construction of knowledge. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : The peninsular centre of Newcastle has been disconnected from the city and Sydney with the removal of its train corridor. Using the unique landscape, history and street grid the design rejoins the peninsula both physically and culturally to the site. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Museums are often seen as objective providers of the truth. In this thesis, that notion is contested and, instead, the idea is explored that museums actively construct representations. These representations are steered by politics and discourses. LÄS MER
5. White Fellas Owning the Land, Black Fellas Belonging to the Land: Mapping Institutionalised Racism in AustraliaMagister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Access to resources and the holding of dominant perceptions about the environment is about power, the thesis is looking deeper into the structures that allow a new form of nuclear colonisation to control the life of the Aboriginal people in the South Australian desert. The question of the thesis is whether the Department of Education Science and Training has produced a Draft EIS containing a racist discourse. LÄS MER