Sökning: "female genital mutilation FGM"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 51 uppsatser innehållade orden female genital mutilation FGM.
- M1-uppsats, Röda Korsets Högskola
Sammanfattning : BAKGRUND: Kvinnlig könsstympning är en traditionell sed djupt rotad i kultur och religion. Ingreppet innebär ett delvist eller fullständigt avlägsnande eller annan skada på de kvinnliga genitalierna av icke medicinska skäl. Ingreppet medför allvarliga hälsorisker och påverkar kvinnors sexuella hälsa. LÄS MER
2. Preventive and supportive measures towards the abandonment of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting : A Minor Field Study in The GambiaKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The aim of the study was to examine how advocacy workers from different governmental and non-governmental organisations work with female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) and gender equality in The Gambia. We further examined their experienced difficulties and the provided support to women exposed to FGM/C. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : Despite many international and local attempts to end the practice of FGM/C, this practice continues to flourish in Nigeria and thus has a negative impact on the lives of girls and women on a daily basis. Furthermore, female genital mutilation is a serious form of violence against girls, women, and children that must be abolished worldwide. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : It is argued that Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) has close ties to local religious traditions. At the same time, the international community has agreed on eliminating FGM. Therefore, this thesis investigates the friction between a local tradition and international pressure. LÄS MER
5. The importance of including femalegenital mutilation into medical education : A qualitative study on Swedish universities midwifery programKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis will investigate to what extent the midwifery programme atselected Swedish universities is including the issue of female genitalmutilation (FGM) into their education and curriculum. This is an importantsubject to do research on since a lot of existing literature on the topic showsthat midwives in Sweden are seriously lacking in knowledge regarding thepractice of FGM. LÄS MER