Sökning: "Arab identity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 uppsatser innehållade orden Arab identity.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, depending on Benedict Anderson’s Studies of nationalism in his book The Imagined Communities, I will prove that in her historical fiction for children, Wondrous Journeys in Strange Lands, the Palestinian writer Sonia Nimr is reviving and reforming Arab national identity. Anderson identifies the nation as a group imagined by its members; the people who perceive and identify themselves as equal members in this group. LÄS MER
2. Understanding Iranian Proxy Warfare: A Historical Analysis of the Relational Development of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Iraqi InsurgenciesKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : In recent years, the IRI has managed to increase its influence in the Middle East. The strategic use of proxy warfare has played a central role as surrounding countries have become destabilised. LÄS MER
3. Imagining the Iraqi National Identity Before and After the US Invasion of 2003 : Perception of the Sunni-Arab ethnicityMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Statsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This masters thesis analyses how Iraqi national identity is constructed before and after 2003. It explores what relation the national identity has to Sunni-Arab ethnicity. The study is qualitative and uses social constructivism as a methodological outline. Qualitative interviews are done with six Iraqi-Arab-Sunnis living in Sweden. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Where? Zanzibar is considered to be the centre of Swahili culture, found all along the east coast of Africa. The main city, Stone Town, has for over a millennium constituted an important trading port, merging east African Bantu with Arab culture, adding elements from Persia, India and Europe (NE, 2017). LÄS MER
5. Migration och identitet : En kvalitativ intervjustudie med arabisktalande kvinnliga immigranter i SverigeKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Skövde/Institutionen för hälsa och lärande; Högskolan i Skövde/Institutionen för hälsa och lärande
Sammanfattning : Migration is a current subject in today's society. Many people are forced to migrate to a new country, but many of them are moving for other reasons, for example to study, to work or start a family. LÄS MER