Sökning: "indigenous woman"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden indigenous woman.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : This study, Jupiter, a theatre play: an ideological discourse through literature, is based upon the play written by Francisco Gavidia that tells the story of the Salvadoran nation, which after having lived many decades under the Spanish yoke, is organized with the help of the Creole elite, in order to obtain independence. For Francisco Gavidia it is important to raise awareness of the importance of freedom in the Salvadoran population. LÄS MER
2. “Half women, half men” - A field study on gender complementarity and its impact on female participation in community politics in rural Bolivia.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School; Lunds universitet/Master of Science in Social Studies of Gender; Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Gender complementarity is an indigenous model of gender relations that values the female position and her tasks by tradition the same way as that of the man. The idea is that the man and woman complement each other as opposite parts of the cosmos. In Bolivia, with 65% of its population and the president being indigenous, the concept is widely used. LÄS MER
3. “Fight is an inside path” : A minor field study of how members of Nur Ashki Jerrahi Sufi Order perceive religious freedom in MexicoKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för historia och samtidsstudier
Sammanfattning : The interests for academic studies of contemporary Sufism and Sufism in non-Islamic countries have become more popular, but little has been done in Latin America. The studies of Islam in this continent are limited and studies on Sufism in Mexico seem to be an unexplored area. LÄS MER
4. Impact of Indigenous Culture on women leadership in Pakistan : How does indigenous culture of Pakistan restricts career progress and leadership abilities of females of PakistanMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE)
Sammanfattning : “Although the subject of female leadership is very well documented at an international level, Pakistan still lacks enough research in this area. This scarcity of research gives rise to a commonly held belief that gender equality has been achieved in Pakistan which hides the gender stereotypes and discrimination practices still prevailing in the country. LÄS MER
5. Overcoming inequalities without challenging women’s loyalty to the indigenous community : case study in the Indigenous Community Nasa Kiwe, ColombiaMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : A large amount of resources are devoted by indigenous populations in Colombia to reestablish their political, cultural and territorial autonomy. There is no doubt about the commitment of indigenous men and women with such communal aims. LÄS MER