Sökning: "postcolonial feminism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 69 uppsatser innehållade orden postcolonial feminism.
1. Addressing intersectionality in the #MeToo movement - A case study of women’s mobilization under the #MeToo movement in the postcolonial context of South AfricaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The #MeToo movement united women around the globe in the fight against sexual violence.However, the #MeToo movement has been criticized for solely adopting a gender-based approach by neglecting the intersections of gender, race and class. LÄS MER
2. ”Om du tar av dig slöjan, så kanske du får jobbet.” - En kvalitativ studie av kvinnors erfarenheter av och föreställningar om arbetsmarknaden, i relation till att bära slöja.Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The purpose of the study is to highlight women's experiences of and beliefs about the labour market, in relation to wearing the veil. It´s based on a qualitative study of semi-structured interviews with thirteen university students of women wearing hijab and illustrate how their reflections of discrimination affect educational choices. LÄS MER
3. Hindukvinnor – sida vid sida : En kvalitativ diskursanalys över konstruktionen av hindukvinnor i svenska och indiska läroböckerKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för humaniora och samhällsvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : School is a place for identity formation. When gender and religion are studied pupils tend to perceive religion, especially non-Christian religions, as traditional and patriarchal. Female oppression in religion is also used as a way of “othering”. Religious education is rarely presenting the women’s perspective. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Genusvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis will explore two significant cultural symbols of Mexican-American/Chicano culture: La Malinche and the Virgin of Guadalupe [La Virgen de Guadalupe]. The Chicana Feminist Movement, a notable women of color feminist movement, is considered to have been created and most active in the 1960s-1980s era of the United States. LÄS MER
5. EU Gender Equality for Export? A discourse analysis and postcolonial feminist critique of the construction of ‘gender equality’ in the EU Gender Action Plan IIKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study employs an approach to policy as discourse and examines the construction of gender equality in the EU Gender Action Plan II. Drawing from the poststructural premise that discourses affect how issues are being thought about and acted upon, the study seeks to scrutinize how gender equality is attributed with meaning by applying Carol Bacchi’s analytical methodology What’s the problem represented to be?. LÄS MER