Sökning: "non-democratic governance"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden non-democratic governance.
1. DEMOCRACY FOR ALL? A Quantitative Study on How Power-sharing Affects Approval of Non-Democratic Governance in African Post-Conflict SocietiesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the Cold War, intrastate conflicts have become more common, and more conflict settlements call for power-sharing. Despite power-sharing being so common as a means of ending civil conflict, academic research indicates that power-sharing could be harmful to democratization. LÄS MER
2. INFORMATION AND QUALITY OF GOVERNANCE IN NON-DEMOCRATIC SETTINGS A Geospatial Analysis of Media Access and Quality of Public Service Provision in UgandaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigated whether access to a non-state-owned radio station can improve the provision of public services at the district level as aspect of quality of governance in Uganda, depending on the visibility and street-discretion of the service. Thereby, this work attempts to fill the research gap on media access and quality of governance in a non-democratic setting. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Atthe beginning of the 19th century, the world consisted of about ten democracies. During the 1990showever, more than 60 of the world's countries counted as democratized.Intherecent decades, the number of democracies in the world has increased by a great deal. Democracy is, in what Samuel P. LÄS MER
4. Friends without Benefits : Critical Assessment of the Relationship between E-governance and DemocracyMaster-uppsats, Institutionen för informationsteknologi och medier
Sammanfattning : New information and communication technologies are often viewed as a panacea to thecurrent crisis of representative democracy. The growing number of publications on thedemocratization effects of the use of new information and communication technologies (ICT)in governance focuses on social media and emerging online public spheres. LÄS MER
5. Truth Commissions as a tool for consolidating democracy- A case study of the South African Truth and Reconciliation CommissionKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The thesis examines the truth and reconciliation commission in South Africa and its possibilities to act as a vehicle in the process of consolidating democracy. The norms and values that can be found in the principles and practices of the commission are scrutinized, and the means of presenting this norms to the public is also looked into. LÄS MER