Sökning: "Contemporary Theory of Metaphor"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Contemporary Theory of Metaphor.
1. The creation of a management fashion - contextualization in practice: A case study of value-based health care's introduction at the Karolinska University Hospital, in Stockholm, SwedenD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för företagande och ledning
Sammanfattning : This study charts how "Value based health-care delivery", a management idea created by Michael Porter and Elizabeth Teisberg, and promoted by the Boston Consulting Group, has been translated in a Swedish context, up until August 2017. It traces the travel of the concept, from its origins, to its meteoric rise within the Swedish healthcare system, culminating in its operationalization at the Karolinska University Hospital, as the cornerstone of a wide ranging reorganization. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för idé- och samhällsstudier
Sammanfattning : In Sweden, the 1970s saw widespread public concerns about data privacy. The use of computers in the 1970 census sparked debate, and in 1973 Sweden's data privacy law, datalagen, came into force. In 1980, a parliamentary delegation was tasked with investigating further options for political action. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för språk, litteratur och interkultur
Sammanfattning : The present study is based on conceptual metaphor theory (CMT), which Lakoff and Johnson introduced in 1980. Data were taken from the Corpus of Contemporary American English (COCA), and three phrases (a long road, bumpy road and fork in the road) were investigated, in order to see how far the conceptual metaphor theory can be corroborated using authentic data. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Teoretisk filosofi
Sammanfattning : Metaphor is the most commonly discussed form of figurative language, and can most simply be presented as statements describing one thing as another. This paper is concerned with the issue of in what sense a metaphor can be said to be true. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för genus, kultur och historia
Sammanfattning : Karin Boyes Crisis (Kris) was published in 1934 as a contribution to the contemporary ideas of moral issues, challenging the dominating traditionalism within the literature critisism.With different kinds of stylistic procedures is Crises expressing a self which seeks to relieve itself from the repressing experience of Language. LÄS MER