Sökning: "Humanitarian action"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 84 uppsatser innehållade orden Humanitarian action.
1. “Development is the new Peace”: A case study on Pastoral Social Pasto’s role as a local actor in the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region of NariñoMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyze the role of Pastoral Social Pasto as a case of a local actor within the peacebuilding process in the Colombian region Nariño. Colombia suffered from an internal armed conflict that endured over five decades. LÄS MER
2. Forecast-based Humanitarian Action and Conflict : Promises and pitfalls of planning for anticipatory humanitarian response to armed conflictMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Practitioners of Forecast-based Action (FbA) argue that a humanitarian response able to utilize forecasts to accurately predict disaster, secure funding, and take action before the onset of a crisis will benefit donors and beneficiaries alike. In search of effective and efficient early-action regimes, a number of major humanitarian actors are developing FbA projects of various designs, predominantly in response to natural disaster and famine. LÄS MER
3. The nexus between child protection and gender-based violence programming; the impact for displaced adolescent girls in JordanMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Gender-based violence (GBV) and violence against children are pervasive and destructive globally, but the exacerbation of violence in emergency contexts makes addressing them an urgent priority in humanitarian action. However, despite recognition of overlapping risks and intervention opportunities, child protection programming and GBV programming have hitherto followed discrete trajectories, resulting in adolescent (aged between 10 and 19 years) girls falling between the domains, despite their heightened vulnerability to GBV. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study is based on the perspectives of Syrian youth, on how they can contribute to and participate in future peace initiatives for Syria. The purpose of the study is to investigate opportunities and barriers to youth’s participation for peace, as well as the instrumental role of education in learning about nonviolent pathways for change. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The military has an important role in peace and development work. Having skilled, experienced and knowledgeable personnel on peace-promoting missions abroad is crucial to ensure the missions success. A consequence of attrition is that military organizations lose valuable skills, experiences and qualities of service members. LÄS MER