Sökning: "Private Standards"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 188 uppsatser innehållade orden Private Standards.
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för handelsrätt
Sammanfattning : The research question of this thesis is how eco-labels can be used to procure sustainable furniture and to address what the limitations to the use of eco-labels are when contracting authorities procure furniture with environmental or sustainable objectives. There are three levels of limitations on the use of eco-labels in the Public Procurement Directive: the basic principles of public procurement, the conditions for the use of labels in Article 43, and the scope for the use of label requirements with environmental or social characteristics in the three criteria which allow to require labels. LÄS MER
2. Private sectors' impacts on environmental sustainability in developing countries : a case study on manufacturing companies in Rwanda & GambiaMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : There is a common consensus that anthropogenic activities have remarkable impacts on environmental sustainability with significant consequences on global warming and climate change. Due to the little research on the private-sector impact on environmental sustainability in developing countries more specifically on private sector manufacturing companies’ engagement in environmental risk mitigation, it is in this framework we conducted this study with the aim to investigate how these companies implement the sustainability practices in their daily business operations and the challenges they face. LÄS MER
3. Achieving enhanced integration of sustainability into supply chain through implementation of effective strategies in environmental, economic, and social frontsMaster-uppsats, Mälardalens universitet/Akademin för innovation, design och teknik
Sammanfattning : Manufacturing industries have adopted globalization as a strategy to improve the reach of their products/services, bringing them closer to the customer and utilizing the cost advantage in emerging economies, better availability of resources such as raw materials, and cheaper workforce. However, with globalization came a fair share of obstacles in effectively managing the operations of a complex supply chain network spread across the globe. LÄS MER
4. The "EU Climate Bank"? - A study on the environmental commitments of the European Investment Bank and the alignment with the right to a healthy environmentMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the relationship between international finance and environmental rights, and how the concept of sustainable finance has emerged as a response to climate change and the rapid transition towards a sustainable economy. Multilateral development banks (MDBs) are a key player in the transition to a green economy, contributing to 68% of global climate finance. LÄS MER
5. Analyzing the impacts of last mile mobility and studying the implementation of alternative vehicles in Swedish cities.Magister-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Industriell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : The growing population of cities and the rise of e-commerce are increasing the transportation of both goods and people. This can generate problems such as traffic jams, increased pollution, and lower living standards for citizens. LÄS MER