Sökning: "fictional autobiography"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden fictional autobiography.
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : In my thesis I argue that the creating of one's identity through art and through the expression of art, with ekphrasis and existentialist philosophy as windows, is possible. Tove Jansson's novel Pappan och havet is filled with existential angst, the characters are in a desperate search of affiliation. LÄS MER
2. Re-Imagining the Victorian Woman: Female Representations in Four Neo-Victorian Novels from 1990 to 2010Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska; Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Litteratur - Kultur – Media
Sammanfattning : Neo-Victorian literature is a subgenre of historical fiction that is set during the reign of Queen Victoria, from 1837 until 1901. There are divergent opinions on the emergence of the genre; however, the time frame established in this dissertation spans from 1990 until the present moment. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Abstract The role of Charles Marlow has often been misinterpreted in terms of its relation to Joseph Conrad’s life. Previous research rendered this connection misleading and schematic. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : In the novel "Atonement" by Ian McEwan, questions of guilt, shame and redemption are in focus. The main character Briony Tallis is presented as making up for a crime by working on a novel for 59 years. LÄS MER
5. Interpreting Autobiographies in English Class - Analyzing How Self is Constructed from Fragmenst of MemoriesKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : This essay gives an introduction to the autobiographical genre and provides a set of analyzingquestions which can be used as a guideline when interpreting autobiographies with students.Since autobiographies are considered to be non-fictional and are marketed with the salesargument that an exclusive true life-story will be disclosed, the critical approach will focus onthe concepts of self and truth discussed by modern and postmodern critics. LÄS MER