Sökning: "public service"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1847 uppsatser innehållade orden public service.
1. THE FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION? THE EFFECTIVENESS OF EFFORTS TO MITIGATE GRAND CORRUPTION IN THE HEALTHCARE AND MINING SECTORS IN TANZANIAMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The efforts to fight against corruption portrayed by international and domestic actors are crucial in addressing measures to alleviate corruption in the mining and healthcare sectors. Several experts in social science research argue that transparency, public awareness, and oversight are practical approaches to fighting corruption in the mining and healthcare sectors when they receive the needed support from a working legal system and strong political will. LÄS MER
2. Decentralization - a route towards gender balance in municipal politics? Decentralization and wider women representation in municipal assemblies: evidence across countriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper explores the relationship between the level of decentralization and women's political participation in local politics. Using the OLS regression analysis I ask whether fiscal decentralization fosters more gender-balanced politics at the municipal level and whether the quality of public service serves as a mechanism through which the relationship works. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för pedagogik och specialpedagogik
Sammanfattning : Aim: This study is an advancement on previous knowledge to investigate teachers' understanding oftheir role in the cases of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA). It examines the child's protective initiative adopted in the school, and to understand the challenges teachers encounter when handling sexual abuse cases in Nigeria. LÄS MER
4. Information Operations & The Rising Threat in the Cyber Domain. Case Study of Finnish Governments Addressing the Cyber Threat Environment and Policies Countering Information OperationsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This research was inspired by two courageous Finnish women, journalist Jessikka Aro and PhD Saara Jantunen, who shined a light on Russian hostile behaviour on the Internet and started discussions about information operations nationally and internationally all over the world. Due to personally becoming a target of aggressive information campaigns, Jessikka Aro had to move abroad from her home as the FinnishSecurity and Intelligence Service suggested there is nothing to be done to counter theattacks or safeguard her from getting harassed online and "offline". LÄS MER
5. INFORMATION AND QUALITY OF GOVERNANCE IN NON-DEMOCRATIC SETTINGS A Geospatial Analysis of Media Access and Quality of Public Service Provision in UgandaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigated whether access to a non-state-owned radio station can improve the provision of public services at the district level as aspect of quality of governance in Uganda, depending on the visibility and street-discretion of the service. Thereby, this work attempts to fill the research gap on media access and quality of governance in a non-democratic setting. LÄS MER