Sökning: "Rule of Law"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1781 uppsatser innehållade orden Rule of Law.
1. THE EU – A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE INFLUENCE ON DEMOCRACY IN HUNGARY? - An analysis on how the EU has affected the democracy in HungaryKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since Viktor Orbán became prime minister of Hungary in 2010 he has hollowed out the Hungarian Democracy step by step and given himself more influence. Hungary became a member of the EU in 2004, so this has been happening while being a member of the EU, so the question is – what kind of influence does the EU have over the democracy in member states? That is the research question for this thesis, and it has the aim to analyze how the European Commission, European Parliament, and The Council of the European Union have affected the development of democracy in Hungary in the years 2015 – 2021. LÄS MER
2. The Rule of Law in the European Union – A critical analysis of Poland’s rejection of the EU legal orderMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union is founded on certain core values as expressed in its constitutional framework. One of the fundamental values is the adherence of the rule of law, which constitute a legal obligation across all 27 member states. LÄS MER
3. The European Arrest Warrant: A Threat to Human Rights? The theoretical imperfections of the EAW Framework Decision and their implications in practiceMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks the EU adopted the Framework Decision on the European Arrest Warrant in 2002 amid concerns that the previous lengthy extradition procedure was unable to efficiently tackle these serious cross-border crimes that were rising. Regularly being referred to as the ‘cornerstone’ of judicial cooperation, the EAW is the first and most successful instrument applying the internal market concept of mutual recognition to the field of criminal law. LÄS MER
4. GOVERNANCE AND DEMOCRACY IN SHAPING PANDEMIC POLICY. A comparative case study of the Covid-19 response in Sweden and DenmarkMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Covid-19 pandemic proves to be a major crisis with substantial effect on our society and thus projects an important area for academic research. Governments across the globe have taken extraordinary measures to fight the pandemic, with restrictions that limit social contact in order to stop the transmission of the virus. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : This essay aims to answer several questions: how is consumer welfare defined in economics and by the Commission, how has the role of the concept evolved throughout the history of the Commission’s competition policy, and how do the modern problems of digital markets and sustainability affect the role of consumer welfare? It can first be stated that there exists a clear definition and a way to measure consumer welfare in economic theory. In short, it is the difference between what consumers would have been willing to pay for a good and what they actually had to pay. LÄS MER