Sökning: "göteborgs universitet"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 20057 uppsatser innehållade orden göteborgs universitet.
1. DEMOCRATIC PARTICIPATION IN ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE A cross-country study on the environmental effects of equal citizen political participationMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Previous research on countries’ environmental sustainability practices has amassed in conflicting results why some nation states perform better (or worse) than others. Some studies determine that it is the country’s level of development and quality of government that determines stringency in environmental regulation and policy, while others point to states’ level of democracy and quality of democratic principles as the main supporting pillars tosustainability. LÄS MER
2. THE CONTRADICTORY ROLE OF THE INTERNET IN AUTOCRACIES Exploring differences between reactive and proactive online repressionMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Ever since the early days of the Internet the “freedom of the Internet” has been a subject for debate. Is it characterized by an anti-authoritarian ideology that fosters public dissent and challenges the authoritarian rule? Or are autocrats using modern technology for their own illiberal purposes? Recent research argues that viewing modern communication technology asinherently liberative or repressive undermines the fact that the Internet functions in a constantly evolving political context. LÄS MER
3. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CORRUPTION, TRUST AND EFFICACY IN THE WESTERN BALKANS Direct and conditional effectsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Empirical findings indicate that corruption perceptions decrease two key components of system support and legitimacy: citizens’ political trust and political efficacy. While the relationship between corruption, trust and political efficacy is well established in the literature, little attention has been paid so far to contextual factors that could moderate this relationship. LÄS MER
4. A LANGUAGE THAT MATTERS – Viewing the Women, Peace and Security agenda through an intersectional lensMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyse how the Women, Peace and Security agenda is intersectional in its approach to women. This study contributes to previous research regarding gendered security and peace and conflict studies. LÄS MER
5. THE EDUCATION EFFECT – GENERATIONAL DIFFERENCES IN DISGUISE? A longitudinal comparative study examining reasons for the liberalizing effect of education on socio-cultural attitudesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The rise of a socio-cultural political dimension in post-industrial societies has substantially changed former patterns of political conflicts. Prior research has established that the level of education is the most predictive characteristic for different individual positions within this value-based dimension. LÄS MER