Sökning: "productive cities"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 28 uppsatser innehållade orden productive cities.
1. New Housing Developments: A Localisation Strategy considering Energy-Efficiency from an Urban Structure and Transport Perspective for the city of FalunMagister-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : There are several considerations when planning new housing developments, and resultant problems require critical analysis. This thesis has focused on studying some part of the potential issues in the case of a project in the city of Falun. LÄS MER
2. A critical review of the intersection between design, ethics and technology : the social importance of designers and how ethics can truly be promoted through designMaster-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för teknik och naturvetenskapLinköpings universitet/Tekniska högskolan
Sammanfattning : In his speech during the 2016 Speculative Design Symposium, held at the University of California, San Diego, Benjamin Bratton1 rightly argued that the job of 21st century design is to undo (much of) the design of the 20th.A number of recent controversial designs and practices in the business and public sphere have suddenly made ethical design (design ethics2) a hot topic in the design community. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för arkitektur och byggd miljö
Sammanfattning : This thesis seeks to explore the potential of extracting amusement from the utilitarian, and propose a design that aims to connect a vast industrial site with its immediate surroundings and the city. By investigating the design of a battery recycling plant that is to be built in Skellefteå, the thesis draws upon an actual situation to address a real world problem. LÄS MER
4. Collaborative decision-making in green and blue infrastructure projects : The case of Copenhagen’s Hans Tavsens Park and KorsgadeMaster-uppsats, KTH/Urbana och regionala studier
Sammanfattning : Worsening climate change impacts, particularly in coastal areas, are forcing urban planners and designers to find new approaches to govern cities. Traditional government approaches are failing to equip cities with effective strategies on how to implement sustainable interventions such as green and blue infrastructure. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Arkitektur
Sammanfattning : The project analyses a cultural landscape and depicts the layers of culture, urbanity and making in its previous alterations. The proposal considers Økern, a post-industrial area north east of Oslo, due for a large densification process, becoming part of the central city. LÄS MER