Sökning: "Maritime jurisdiction"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 31 uppsatser innehållade orden Maritime jurisdiction.
1. Conflict over territory and maritime routes in the arctic. The case of potential conflict between the US and Russia over resources in the arctic ocean.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Because of climate change, ice on the arctic ocean has been melting at a rapid paste. This environmental change in the arctic made access to the region much easier than ever before. LÄS MER
2. “The Maritime Border Disputes of Croatia A study within the legal field of international maritime law concerning the on-going maritime border disputes between the Republic of Croatia, Republic of Slovenia, the State of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the State of Montenegro”Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the break-up of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, the Republic of Croatia has been involved in maritime border disputes with its neighbours the Republic of Slovenia, the State of Bosnia and Herzegovina and the State of Montenegro. During the past decades after gaining independence, the States have tried to solve the disputes with numerous negotiations and agreements. LÄS MER
3. Take (to) the Sea! - A Deep dive Into the Legal Regime Governing the Delineation and Delimitation of the Arctic OceanUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : The polar ice cap in the Arctic is receding, which has led to an increase in activity in the region. As the Arctic is becoming more accessible, economic opportunities are opening, making territorial claims in the region increasingly interesting to the Arctic Coastal States. LÄS MER
4. State Jurisdiction in Search and Rescue Operations - The Extraterritorial Reach of the European Convention on Human Rights and S.S. and Others v. ItalyUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : Every year thousands of refugees and migrants take on perilous journeys and cross the Mediterranean, hoping to reach safety and a better life in Europe. These so-called “boat people” often travel on overcrowded and unseaworthy dinghies and regrettably, many lives are lost each year. LÄS MER
5. Between altruism and self-interest: Beyond EU’s normative power. An analysis of EU’s engagement in sustainable ocean governanceKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Fakulteten för kultur och samhälle (KS)
Sammanfattning : With the majority of the oceans lying outside the borders of national jurisdiction, it is not easy to preserve them healthy and secure as the ‘shared responsibility’ is not recognized unambiguously in the global world. The recent turn to the maritime sphere is visible in the UN 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development that has been widely advocated by the EU. LÄS MER