Sökning: "micro history"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 67 uppsatser innehållade orden micro history.
1. Agency in the Warsaw Ghetto : An Intersectional Analysis of the Daily Life, Survival, and Death of Elderly JewsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Hugo Valentin-centrum
Sammanfattning : In Holocaust research, the study of elderly Jews in Nazi German ghettos remains a blind spot. This thesis begins to fill the research gap by exploring the everyday life of elderly Jews and their agency under the structural conditions of the Warsaw ghetto. LÄS MER
2. Narratives of Identity : An Exploration of the Multi-Generational Sense of Belonging and Identity Construction of Migrants in the Novels Piccola Sicilia and Jaffa Road by Daniel SpeckKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores the identity construction of migrants in different generations andcircumstances as they are represented in the novels Piccola Sicilia and Jaffa Road by DanielSpeck through narratives. Through an ethnographic narrative analysis with a focus onstorytelling, macro, meso and micro-structures of identity formation are identified to gain insightsinto the identity construction in relation to familial history of three main characters. LÄS MER
3. The Role of Japan in Constructing South Koreans’ National Identity : Perception of Japan in the Eyes of South Korean PeopleKandidat-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the formation of national identity in South Korea regarding Japan through the perception of Japan in the eyes of the South Korean people. Despite Korea’s independence from Japan in 1945, the complex relationship resulting from the historical events seems continual, blocking their further cooperation. LÄS MER
4. Känslor i krigets närhet : En känslohistorisk tolkning av Astrid Lindgrens dagböcker från andra världskrigetKandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/Högskolan för lärande och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : When war broke out in Europe in 1939 a mother of two, the thirty-three-year-old Astrid Lindgren, begun keeping a journal. In this diary she wrote about the events of the war, the decisions of the government of Sweden and her own personal life in Stockholm. LÄS MER
5. A Matter of Honour : Conflicts Between Royal Servants in Danish-Norwegian Colonial Greenland 1728-1731Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a micro-historical study of the role of honour in interpersonal conflicts in the Danish-Norwegian crown colony of Greenland between 1728 and 1731. In the two settlements that constituted the colony, the highest-ranking officials, including the governor, were all oath-sworn royal servants; they were also almost constantly embroiled in personal quarrels. LÄS MER