Sökning: "Extensive reading"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 81 uppsatser innehållade orden Extensive reading.
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Partikelfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Accurate estimations of background processes associated with top-quarks are vital to studies concerned with finding new physics at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)at CERN. Search for Higgs-like bosons in the ATLAS experiment at LHC was performed by optimising the use of b-jet tagging algorithms and improving on tt backgroundmodelling. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Mälardalens högskola/Akademin för innovation, design och teknik
Sammanfattning : Electroencephalography (EEG) is a common technique used to read brain activity from an individual, and can be used for a wide range of applications, one example is during the rehab process of stroke victims. Loss of motor function is a common side effect of strokes, and the EEG signals can show if sufficient activation of the part of the brain related to the motor function that the patient is training has been achieved. LÄS MER
3. Is Social Media the New Classroom? : A study on the impact of YouTube on language comprehension of Swedish students of EnglishUppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : In this study, the possible impact YouTube can have on students reading and listening comprehension in English is investigated. In order to identify this possible impact, two main research questions were asked, analysed and answered. LÄS MER
4. Is Early L2 Reading of Children’s Literature a Good Idea? : How the attitudes to reading English children’s literature affect book access and teacher-library collaboration in two Swedish primary schoolsUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Malmö universitet/Malmö högskola/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS); Malmö universitet/Malmö högskola/Fakulteten för lärande och samhälle (LS)
Sammanfattning : This case study investigates how teachers’ and school librarians’ attitudes towards L2 reading in years 1-4, as well as their perceived book access and teacher-library collaboration, influence the use and reading of English children’s literature in two Swedish primary schools. This study is motivated by the importance the English language has in Sweden for higher education, the previous research proving powerful language benefits of extensive L2 reading, as well as the recent proposition to strengthen the school library’s role in Sweden. LÄS MER
5. Grammatical features of African American Vernacular English in the movie Sextuplets : A sociolinguistics study of the speech of the two African American characters Alan and DawnKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : African American Vernacular English (AAVE) has been extensively explored in previous research in sociolinguistics. However, the portrayal of the sociolect in movies is still not widely researched. LÄS MER