Sökning: "Xenophobic Violence"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden Xenophobic Violence.
1. Xenophobia and Intergroup Conflict: An Inquiry Through The Concept of Health A qualitative field study on the perceptions of health among refugees and asylum seekers in Cape Town, South AfricaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Motivated by the ongoing and widespread xenophobia in South Africa, this study explores the experiences of health access and the health sector by refugees and asylum seekers so as to understand intergroup relations, and more specifically the tensions between nationals and non-nationals. In achieving this, an ethnographic fieldwork was conducted in Cape Town, South Africa during Spring 2017; semi-structured interviews with refugees and asylum seekers provide the material for analysis to identify key perceptions on health and xenophobia to shed light on what possible peacebuilding initiatives should address. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Xenophobic attacks have been a problem in South Africa for decades. In 2015 multiple attacks took place and the South African army was called to evacuate thousands of people in affected townships. However, many protested this violence, some by invoking a shared African identity as a reason for peace. LÄS MER
3. Den demokratiska skolans bemötande av främlingsfientlighet : En studie om sex religionslärares syn på sitt socialiserande uppdrag och sitt bemötande av främlingsfientliga uttryckMaster-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : This essay examines how teachers in upper secondary school, who teach religion, understand and approach their mission to socialize students in a xenophobic context and how they meet xenophobic expressions from students in the classroom. This essay also includes a power perspective and investigates how an exercise of power is expressed in the teachers’ approach and strategies. LÄS MER
4. Kärnfamilj, skenäktenskap och kulturellt våld : Regeringens syn på kvinnor och män som anhöriginvandrare till Sverige vid millennieskiftet 2000.Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : Sweden has been a country of immigration since the Second World War. The asylum immigration is regulated by international law, the immigration of employees’ works through guidelines from the European Union. The immigration left for regulations from the government is the family immigration, which xenophobic parties want to increase. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Malmö högskola/Centrum för teknikstudier
Sammanfattning : Through the use of content analysis, qualitative interviews and quantitative questionnaire survey, this study look at the role of media reporting on xenophobia among youth in South Africa. The study is based on Alexandra Township , a overcrowded and poor settlement in Johannesburg, South Africa. LÄS MER