Sökning: "destination development"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 315 uppsatser innehållade orden destination development.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE)
Sammanfattning : Seasonality in the tourism industry has long been seen as a problem, particularly in cold-climate environments. Despite the fact that this phenomenon has received a lot of attention in the literature, there is not yet a simple solution that can be applied to all destinations. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för elektroteknik och datavetenskap (EECS)
Sammanfattning : With the rapid development and deployment of “Internet of Things”-devices comes a new era of benefits to increase the efficiency of our everyday lives. Many of these devices rely on having an established network connection in order to operate at peak performance, but this requirement could be hard to guarantee in the face of less supported infrastructure in certain parts of the world. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för organisation och entreprenörskap (OE)
Sammanfattning : What makes a small village grow fast to a large city in just a few decades? Could it be some sort of new industry that makes those villages proliferate? Maybe a natural resource has been found in the local area that creates a lot of job opportunities in a short span of time? Sometimes it is that people and entrepreneurs see the potential of the area to create a tourism industry in that place. The area might have the right conditions for maybe historical or nature sights - ski slopes, mountain hiking, fishing or other outdoor activities. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för samhällsbyggnad och industriell teknik
Sammanfattning : While traveling brings economic opportunities while climate change, resource depletion and the rapid growth of tourist numbers threaten the communities and ecology in the destination. Concerns about these threats require the sustainability of tourism in the destination, where local enterprises as the major players are encouraged to lead change by adopting sustainable innovation. LÄS MER
5. The use-impact relationship of outdoor-tourism in Denmark : how the Tourism Carrying Capacity can develop tourism instead of keeping it on lockMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : With the ever increased focus on sustainability and not least the focus on sustainability in the tourism industry this thesis has critically investigated the suitability of the Tourism Carrying Capacity method in a Danish outdoor-tourism context. The research found that there are considerable limitations and challenges to implementing a TCC approach in Denmark, and even if implemented, legally, culturally and practically circumstances would challenge a proper and successful completion of a TCC approach too. LÄS MER