Sökning: "hegemonic power"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 194 uppsatser innehållade orden hegemonic power.
1. (RE)INSTALLING THE PATRIARCHAL SOCIETAL STRUCTURE A discourse analysis of the current attempts of prohibiting abortion in the state of OhioMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Abortion is a highly debated topic, it has created a polarization between the ideologies of prochoice, the right to freely make your own choices, and pro-life, that all life has the right to be preserved. In the United States this debate is especially prominent, even though abortion is a right due to the Supreme Court decision of Roe v. Wade. LÄS MER
2. American Economic hegemony – under threat or unsurpassable? : A statistical analysis of American Economic Hegemony and the potential threat of China in the international economic order.Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Malmö högskola/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : This essay focusses on the area of hegemonic studies in global politics, framing the discussion between the rise of China and the positioning of the united States. The purpose of this study is to show that China does not threaten the economic hegemony of the US due to the pivotal role the US Dollar holds in the global economy. LÄS MER
3. “End of the world, end of the month, same struggle”: On depoliticized transitions and emancipatory sustainability transformations - A case study of The French Citizens’ Convention on ClimateMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Reflecting an emerging trend in democratic innovation to tackle complex socio-ecological challenges, the French Citizens’ Convention on Climate (CCC) was initiated in response to climate protests and the Yellow Vests movement to define measures for achieving a socially just 40% reduction in GHG-emissions. Approaching the CCC as both an outcome and site of hegemonic struggle, I apply social movements theory and document analysis methods to investigate its genealogy, policy proposals, influence on decision-making, and evaluate its potential for sustainability transformations. LÄS MER
4. Playing a two-faced game in a changing arena: A Neo-Gramscian analysis of China's policy on Latin AmericaL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The position of The People’s Republic of China in international relations has developed significantly during the 21st century. In Latin America, growing Chinese engagement has been particularly visible. LÄS MER
5. "Det osynliga våldet"-En kvalitativ studie av kvinnor som har utsatts för psykiskt våld i heterosexuella relationer.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Genusvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores what psychological violence against women in heterosexual relationships looks like in today's Sweden. The thesis explores how psychological violence against women in heterosexual relationships are interpreted and influenced by gender, class, ethnicity,and age through interviews with 12 women who have worked with women or girls who have been subjected to threats and physical,psychological,and sexual violence in Sweden. LÄS MER