Sökning: "science fiction"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 237 uppsatser innehållade orden science fiction.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : In this essay I will discuss posthumanism and how we become humans. Through analyzing two science fiction works, one movie and one short story, I will discuss what it means to be human and how the male liberal subject of humanism need to be broadened and opened up to allow for other subjects to exist. By comparing two female robots, one from E.T. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Högskolan för scen och musik
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to analyze and describe various sources of artistic inspiration and, inaddition, how other aspects have influenced a compositional process of which both the inclusion andexclusion of sound have been critical factors.The primary sources of inspiration are the sound designs of the science fiction movie genre; createdby humans for humans from the perspective as to how it actually sounds in space. LÄS MER
3. HETERONORMATIVITY OF THE AMBISEXUAL. A Queer Reading of the Science Fiction Novel The Left Hand of DarknessKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : The utopian genre exists predominantly in science fiction and has in the twentieth century been extensively explored in feminist literature. Ursula K. Le Guin is considered one of the leading authors in this genre and has created numerous thought experiments concerned with gender construction and its problematics. LÄS MER
4. ”ALLA MÄNNISKOR ÄLSKAR OSS SÅ LÄNGE VI TILLHÖR DEM” - En studie av relationen mellan människor och människoliknande robotar i Westworld och Äkta Människor.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : SUMMARY: In this study the goal has been to analyze how the relationship between humans and robots are represented in two science fiction series; Westworld and Real Humans (Äkta Människor). Based on the theories of Stuart Hall about representation, Julie Wosk’s book My fair laides and Gorman Beauchamps article The Frankenstein complex and Asimov’s Robots, I have studied how the humanlike robots are represented and how the myths of the Frankenstein complex and the myth of Pygmalion are represented in the two series. LÄS MER
5. Att fabulera genom research : hur fantastikförfattare söker information i sitt skönlitterära skrivande för barn och ungaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för ABM och digitala kulturer
Sammanfattning : The aim of this master’s thesis is to examine how fiction authors seek information in their writing, which still is a vastly under-researched subject within Library and Information Science. Why then are there so few of us in this discipline who ask themselves which information behaviour and information needs that exist among the ones writing the literature filling our libraries? This study was carried out by using a qualitative method where six informants were interviewed in semi-structured and individual interviews, as well as in a group interview. LÄS MER