Sökning: "second language learning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 478 uppsatser innehållade orden second language learning.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för neurovetenskap och fysiologi
Sammanfattning : Aim: This study aimed to investigate the prevalence of hearing loss and other hearingor ear-related problems amongst newly arrived immigrants and to gain anunderstanding of how they themselves experience their own hearing.Research method: Quantitative descriptive cross-sectional study. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Abstract This research synthesis builds upon research related to the area of learning outcomes when using the source language in the ESL/EFL classroom. Evidence were achieved from articles from different journals that have been analyzed with the purpose to examine studies conducted in using the source language in the ESL/EFL classroom. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : A study on the online process of producing idioms in writing and how second language learners manage the production and comprehension of idioms may provide a useful and comprehensive investigation of the production, comprehension and acquisition of language. The study in this paper investigated how Swedish (L1) second language learners of English (L2) produce and comprehend written idioms in the L2. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för språkstudier
Sammanfattning : In this study an outline is presented of the semantic network of the preposition up in American English in sentences extracted from the Corpus of Contemporary American English (COCA), which was done to determine what the most common uses and meanings of the preposition are, as well as to determine if most of its possible meanings are concrete or abstract. The results show that there is a salient use and also prototypical meaning of up, and that these are major factors that impact the semantic network of the preposition. LÄS MER
5. “Two brains are often better than one, probably”: Adult ESL learners’ paired and individual lexical inferencing task performances, in relation to L2 proficiencyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This research concerns lexical inferencing (LI), i.e., the ability to infer the meaning of unknown words in a running text (Haastrup, 1991). Despite its advantages, there is little research on LI as a collaborative effort. LÄS MER