Sökning: "Double consciousness"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 22 uppsatser innehållade orden Double consciousness.
1. Strengthening Women’s Decision-Making Power: Examining Local Participation in Forest and Pasture Users’ Associations in AlbaniaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management
Sammanfattning : Efforts to empower Albanian women and strengthen their participation in decision-making in local Forest and Pasture Users’ Associations (FPUAs) have been undertaken by the Environmental Services Project, including implementing the Gender Action Plan. The phenomenon of women’s agency and participation in decision-making in this local setting is examined in this study by answering the following: (I) Who currently holds the majority of decision-making power in FPUAs and why? (II) What factors determine women’s participation and decision-making power in FPUAs? (III) How can women’s participation in and influence on decision-making in FPUAs be enhanced? The data was collected through semi-structured interviews with project implementers and an online survey with FPUA members. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms konstnärliga högskola
Sammanfattning : ”A finger pointing at the moon is not the moon...” -Buddhist Quote ”. LÄS MER
- M1-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för humaniora
Sammanfattning : Set against the backdrop of the Transatlantic slave trade, Caryl Phillips’s Crossing the River can be read as a novel which explores severed family ties and the intertwined relationship between the dominant and the subdued within the African diaspora. Questions concerning “race”, identity and representation can be traced in all the narratives and are also the focus of this essay. LÄS MER
4. "I wore my English like a mask" : Språk, identitet och synlighet i Ocean Vuongs On Earth We're Briefly GorgeousKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Litteraturvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This essay examines the relationship between language, identity, power and visibility in Ocean Vuong’s On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous (2019). This is achieved by applying post-colonial theories regarding double consciousness, and the construction of an Other. Theories put forward by Spivak and Fanon are also discussed in relation to this. LÄS MER
5. Voices as Weapons : Incorporating The Hate U Give in the EFL classroom to discuss institutional racism, double-consciousness and the importance of minoritized voicesUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is two-fold. Firstly, the aim is to analyze the three aspects institutional racism, double-consciousness and importance of minoritized voices in Angie Thomas’ novel The Hate U Give in connection to the thesis’ theoretical framework, Critical Race Theory. LÄS MER