Sökning: "Gender Identity"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1133 uppsatser innehållade orden Gender Identity.
1. Won't Somebody Think of the Children-A Critical Analysis of the Swedish National Guidelines for Treatment of Young People with Gender DysphoriaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This thesis critically analyses Sweden’s National Guidelines for Treatment of Young People with Gender Dysphoria, with the aim of providing recommendations for amending the guidelines to provide better access to gender affirming treatment for young non-binary people. Using Critical Discourse Analysis, supplemented with a group dialogue with three non-binary persons, the National Guidelines are analysed through the theoretical lens of performativity, Dean Spade’s theories on the population-management mode of power, and critical age studies. LÄS MER
2. GENDERS IN EUROPE: A qualitative study on the construction of gender-neutral language - Sweden as an exampleKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The visibility of individuals who advocate for and identify with genders outside the genderbinary has risen during recent years, but these individuals still face discrimination in many ways. With regard to this the European Commission launched a strategy in 2020 with focus on equal rights for LGBTIQ individuals with an indication that healthcare and gender-inclusive language are pivotal areas for strengthening equality and representation. LÄS MER
3. Transgender and gender-diverse youth caught in the intersection of policy making, politics, gender-affirming care, and feminist discourseMaster-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores how presuppositions and assumptions can affect policy making, by investigating if anti-trans and 'gender critical' rhetoric may have affected the now reversed NHS policy ‘Amendments to service specification for gender identity development service for children and adolescents’ which directly influenced the still in use Karolinska University Hospital policy, ‘Policyförändring gällande hormonell behandling till minderåriga patienter med könsdysfori inom Tema Barn’. By using the Foucauldian inspired poststructural WPR policy analysis method by Bacchi and Goodwin, it was uncovered that the underlying assumptions and presuppositions of the hegemonic ‘truths’ the representation of the problem relied on, assumed dominance through an increase of anti-transgender and anti-gender-diverse rhetoric in political and public debates, and in media. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi; Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines how perpetrators of misogynistic mass murder utilise narrative and storytelling to make meaning of their violent acts towards women. This thesis is hereby an attempt to understand gendered mass violence, and its narrative resources that precede and promote such actions, as part of a wider, misogynist culture centered on a denial of the existence of patriarchal societies and oppression of women. LÄS MER
5. Toxicity in the game World of Tanks: A participant observation ethnography, thematic analysis, content analysis and autoethnographyMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för speldesign
Sammanfattning : Previous research has studied toxicity in World of Tanks game with a focus on precursors of toxicity, player performance in the game from the perspective of gender-performance gap or observing the players' major behaviors instigated by various situations within the game. This research focuses on player's behavior in the game chat with an emphasis on toxic behavior by using participant observation ethnography, thematic analysis, content analysis and autoethnography. LÄS MER